Only a few day’s ago, Nokia officially released the Nokia Qt SDK which is a Nokia focused version of the original Qt SDK, and allows better development of applications for all Symbian, MeeGo (sorry does not support MeeGo yet but I’m sure this will come soon) and Maemo operating systems which means games, and applications can work great of all platforms.
This is better for developers as it means that they are able to port their application across to a much greater number of consumers quicker, the developers in the video below stated that they have:
- rewritten an application from native Symbian into Qt in 3-4 weeks
- seen their applications available in the Ovi store a week after submitting
- reached customers in 178 countries in just 48 hours of launching their application
Now the developers currently making Apple app store, apps have no excuse, if they make their app using Qt, they will reach probably 10 times more consumers and also have a much greater chance of seeing the light of day, without the worry of creating something which is against Apple’s many overly strict rules. So developer’s if you are reading this, start writing!!!
To download the development tool, just head over to the Forum Nokia page: http://www.forum.nokia.com/Tools_Docs_and_Code/Tools/IDEs/Nokia_Qt_SDK/
Don’t worry I have not forgot about us consumers, it is a lot better for us too, now if developer’s can make app’s quicker and across more platforms, it means the number of applications in the Ovi store should multiply in no time at all, so more free apps to choose from, more premium apps which you might be willing to pay for, and more competition between developers to make better apps and for a lower price!!
About the Author (Author Profile)Blogger, and Moderator for "MyNokiaBlog.com" by Jay Montano. When I can, I also write help guides and review on my own site: JustGuides.net I work full time but in my spare time I also repair phones, and other electronics. Find me on Twitter: @llaadd or Youtube: llaadd
Sites That Link to this Post
- Preview: Shazam on N900 – Dank QT | MAEMO.CH - Nokia N900 | May 3, 2010
- Nokia Hypersix Party | dazgadget.com | May 3, 2010
- Nokia Qt SDK Beta released | Techieabiz.com | May 4, 2010
- What’s your take on the BIG news for the developer community? « WOMWorld/Nokia | May 6, 2010
- Welcome to The Tek Blogger! | The Tek Blogger | May 8, 2010