Nokia N8 available on sale from 1st October UK, from Carphone Warehouse, O2, Orange, Phones4u, T-Mobile, Tesco Phone Shops, Three Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Vodafone

| September 8, 2010 | 27 Replies

image via blog-n8.fr

From Nokia Press, it appears that the Nokia N8 for UK users will be available pretty much EVERYWHERE from the 1st of October onwards.

Although it’s not strictly Q3 for UK, it’s great that Nokia have officially noted all the point of sales where you can get the N8. With the N97, although it met the deadline somewhat, availability in the UK was pretty hard to come by and at random, inconsistent locations.

Here, the Nokia N8 for UK users can be had, pretty much everywhere, on all network and all major phone retailers, so no one gets left out. Here’s for ubiquitous, and sickly sight of the Nokia N8 everywhere!

As noted, the N8 is available on contract for £35 on 24 month contract, or £429 unlocked (unlocked price much more expensive than standard pay and go btw)

Oddly though, the title of the email was “GET YOUR NOKIA N8 THIS MONTH”. But this month is September, not October. hmm…

Tags: , , ,

Category: Nokia, Nseries

1. Axel says:

Neh, that’s not my best pic of the n8 ;-)

2. mj says:

Can’t wait, now just need to work out what colour I want!

3. David says:

I take it we should start to see some final release videos about?

Does Swype come included?
    Free maps incar holder?

4. Roger Johnson says:

I want to get an N8 on pay as you go (e.g. Tesco at something like £289?), then unlock it. Is this possible? Even if I have to pay £30, £40 to unlock, it would still be much cheaper than buying unlocked.

What do people think? Any tips?

5. style says:

is that a typo??

FREE on £35/month with 12momths contract??

• style says:

ops… my bad it didnt say free.. but is it free? or how much?

• Jay Montano says:

HEY, yup, a typo. I think it’s free on 24 month contract. There may be more tariff options, possibly for 12 and 18month.

But N8 is having strange distribution with every carrier and shop being able to sell it. Hopefully it means more plans than less.

6. Dennis says:

What do people think? Any tips?

The website theunlockr.com might be helpful. I got unlock codes for HTC phone on Telus(Canadian).

• alex68 says:

Both ios and Android have severe underlying security issues that make it possible to jailbreak the phones made on them. For Symbian phones, especially the S3, I have not heard of such security issues yet. I’d like to learn if anyone is able to get Nokia phones unlocked.

• Roger Johnson says:

Huh? I’m not even sure what jailbreaking would mean on Symbian. It’s not a closed OS like iOS. I’m just talking about the regular unlock from the network SIM that you’ve been able to do on every Nokia since the dawn of time.

• alex68 says:

There is a link about jailbreak S60 phones.

thehandheldblog.com/2008/07/09/how-to-jailbreakhack-nokia-s60-phones/

7. llaadd says:

if you all see my latest 2 posts on thetekblogger.com, I’m sure you will all enjoy!!

8. Stylinred says:

the nokia store uk is supposed to be shipping the n8 in September so it kind of does meet the release date they mentioned earlier

and there was that google ad saying they would have it 1 week before everyone else (which is true now)

9. jot3000 says:

Great that N8 Finally about to see the light of day,but thoroughly dissappointed at lack of internet radio app out the box,really don’t understand why,only just come to terms with no videolight!

• alex68 says:

In ovi store, there are some radio program widgets ie. energy radio etc. I believe Symbian 3 will support Internet radio later.

10. Danny says:

Another OFFICIAL Nokia N8 video quality Test. It looks super-smooth and crystal clear!

• Roger Johnson says:

ADMIN – please do a separate post with that video. It is AWESOME! Man, makes the competition look like total amateurs (I’ll say that hear because it’s mostly Symbian peeps reading – wouldn’t want to be unkind otherwise).

Nokia have just taken a HUGE leap forward in image capability. Honestly, why would you want a camcorder or separate camera when you have an N8? Pointless!

See the pans – no stuttering or wobbling – incredible!

Nokia just raised the bar, big time. A comparison with iPhone and Android and anything else is pointless, it would just make them look like cheap toys.

• Danny says:

Agreed! This shows the AMAZING capabilities of the N8. They say iPhone 4 has the best HD camera on market. I bet N8 will kill it as soon as it comes out. I mean, MOST of the iPhone 4 videos I’ve seen drop frames from time to time. And it does that alot in outdoors in sunlight. N8 just kills all its competition in terms of not just video, but all multimedia capabilities. It will rock!

• alex68 says:

Yes, N8 HD quality beats all the camera phones in the street even with an early firmware according to GLBenchmark tests. I have given the info here4 in some other post. This is the strong N8 selling points.

It seems they have removed the test results for N8. N8 results can be even much better with a final firmware.

You can compare it with Iphone 4, Motorola droid x and Samsung i9000 galax s.

11. Its such as you learn my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the ebook in it or something. I feel that you simply could do with some % to force the message house a bit, however instead of that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

12. phone says:

What?s Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & help different customers like its aided me. Great job.

13. iphone cases says:

Wonderful work! This is the kind of information that are meant to be shared across the web. Disgrace on Google for no longer positioning this put up higher! Come on over and discuss with my site . Thank you =)

14. I am extremely impressed together with your writing skills and also with the format on your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize it your self? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to look a great blog like this one these days..

15. Thanks for every other great article. Where else may anyone get that type of information in such an ideal means of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m at the search for such info.