Some choice quotes are flying everywhere. Engadget has a CE-OH no he didn’t when Elop supposedly said Apple created Android…or at least the conditions. Well in essence that’s true and two, he said this at Uplinq two weeks ago.
“Apple being Apple took a mobile approach and kept the ecosystem closed
and to themselves. In so doing they essentially created Android. By
having a wonderful UX to which everyone wanted to do the same thing.
Apple created a vacuum and google stepped in and filled that void.”
Anyway, Camb078 retweeted a comment from an attendee @lifeisbetteron which for a while should calm all rumours about possible Microsoft or the more recent Samsung buy out of Nokia.
Other things Elop said (via @lifeisbetteron):
- “Nokia is the only brand that really matters in Nokia’s ecosystem, the OVI brand was a mistake”
- Nokia, HTC, Samsung need to band together to compete with Android and iPhone
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- “Nokia is Not For Sale!” – Stephen Elop (“Ovi Brand a mistake”) | WWW.ANDROIDWORLD.BIZ | June 9, 2011
- Nokia: Δεν πωλείται το κατάστημα! | Digital Life | June 9, 2011
- Nokia is Not For Sale, Says Elop in Q&A - All Phones | June 9, 2011
- Nokia is Not For Sale, Says Elop in Q&A | louisbowman24 | June 9, 2011
- Stephen Elop 再次強調 Nokia 是不賣 | BLOGJACK/nokia － 香港 No.1 諾基亞消息網 | February 4, 2012