Official: Nokia Belle coming on 8th February 2012 (to Vietnam). #Symbian

| January 29, 2012 | 57 Replies

Now I’m not sure about everywhere else, Nokia most likely will try to get a close to a global release as they can but at least there is a confirmed date somewhere.

Mark this in your diaries.

8th February 2012.

That’s on time based on the official Nokia Belle update dates (though not if we remember the Q4 2011 expectations). Apparently there was a critical bug that meant that those Anna, S^3 handsets could not be given the update. Belle seems to be fine on the original Belle units but of course, their hardware is slightly different and geared towards Belle.

These official dates can be seen from Nokia Vietnam. I’ve checked a few Nokia sites in other countries but can’t find a similar page.

You can see this belle information here:

Thanks to @Nokianesia for the tip!

Source: Nokia via Nokianesia

Category: Nokia, Symbian

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Nokia Belle: aggiornamento a partire dall'8 febbraio (Vietnam) | January 29, 2012
  2. Nokia Vietnam rivela la data del rilascio di Belle: 8 febbraio 2012 - Nokioteca [Nokia] Blog | January 29, 2012
  3. Nokia Belle steht ab dem 8. Februar zum Download bereit › mobi-test | January 29, 2012
  4. N8-00 (aka N98) leaked! - Page 352 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg | January 29, 2012
  5. تحديث Nokia Belle قادم 8 فبراير 2012 | January 29, 2012
  6. Nokia Belle Update to be released on 8th February! : Dunia Software | January 30, 2012
  7. Nokia Belle déployé le 8 février d’après Nokia Vietnam | January 30, 2012
  8. La mise à jour Belle débarque le 8 février ? | January 30, 2012
  9. Nokia to start pushing out Symbian Belle on February 8th? | January 30, 2012
  10. Прошивки с ОС Nokia Belle финны выпустят на с | January 30, 2012
  11. Nokia to start pushing out Symbian Belle on February 8th? | My Blog | January 30, 2012
  12. Nokia Belle disponibile dall’8 febbraio? | Symbian.it | January 30, 2012
  13. Where’s the Nokia Belle coming soon page gone at Nokia Vietnam’s site? | Get Cash For Your iPhone Sell My iPhone | January 31, 2012
  14. Nokia ประกาศทางการ เตรียมอัพเดท Nokia Belle ให้กับสมาร์ทโ | January 31, 2012
  15. Nokia Belle coming on 8th February 2012 - Symbian Belle | | January 31, 2012
  16. Nokia Mexico site updated with Nokia Belle update instructions…Belle coming this week? (Feb 8 still on track?) | Get Cash For Your iPhone Sell My iPhone | February 7, 2012
  17. Nokia Mexico site updated with Nokia Belle update instructions Belle coming this week? – Feb 8 still on track? | | February 8, 2012
  1. Paul Grenfell says:

Saw this earlier..I couldnt find any other sites with similar dates, but hopefully it will appear on navifirm anyday now?

2. stylinred says:

id like to get the HK version of belle so that i can have chinese support as well as english

3. Adam says:

Why isn’t the c7 not mentioned in the bottom? Its shown in the pic but not mentioned on the bottom???

4. Stound says:

haha I its shocking how belle runs on my n8 smoothly :) a truly different experience from anna (I have a leaked version)

5. Gerii says:

No love for the Nokia 500?

6. SequeStyle says:

the beta belle is already stable, is there anything new in the final belle? does anyone know?

7. misterstu says:

Great story Jay – many thanks

8. Ashish says:

the guide on nokia Vietnam site makes it clear that belle will not be available over the air and the phone can be updated only using nokia suite.

• jill says:

that was true from the beginning ..

as per what i have read .. it will completely flash ur phone .. u can restore back the data u have backed up .. certain applications will not work etc etc

9. nyapinkid says:

maybe in official belle we will get microsoft office that promised before

10. amoshydra says:

But those microsoft office isn’t even available in the new Belle device e.g. Nokia 701 yet…

11. Michael Faro-Tusino says:

I have seen it stated several times Belle is only via NSU as such a large update would cause issues like Anna did to S^3.

Also, although no release date, Nokia Sites such as the Australian and New Zealand one, have the user manuals for N8 with Belle. Yet no notification of when Belle is coming.

12. alben says:

yes, Symbian Belle will be officially released this February 8. Isn’t exciting for the Symbian 3 loyalists? Sure. Take a look at here> http://mabsengadgets.blogspot.com/

13. wikiz says:

C7 NOT INCLUDE LIST…WHY ?

14. kaxa says:

Can’t wait…expectation greatly prolonged

15. Patata says:

hope there will be a few more “belle widgets” and apps with new widgets after belle gets availible for more devices.

16. Linh says:

Hope its build number is bigger than 609, the 609 build works badly with GPS, it takes too long or cannot determine location.

• incognito says:

Try using suppl.google.com instead of suppl.nokia.com for the location server – in many areas Google works much faster…

17. Sammy says:

Can’t wait… I have Anna right now and it’s so horrible with response time. I really hope Belle improves it… considering getting rid of my E7. Just can’t take it anymore :-(.

18. BellGo says:

I am not sure if should get my hopes up, but this seems official enough.. So, looking forward to it! =)

19. Ali Abdulla says:

I don’t think there was any critical bug in Belle.

my guess would be, Nokia suite is just too buggy for a mass world wide update. I was NEVER able to update via ovi suite, using 3 different computers and for my past three Nokias… and I can’t imagine that Nokia suite is stable enough… thanks God for Phoenix.

20. freen8apps says:

Nokia vietnam Belle page removed..NOKIA is really cheating us..

21. sanura says:

What about the Nokia 500? Earlier it was mentioned that it will go to Nokia Belle.

22. Ashis Mishra says:

nokia belle confirmed on february 7th.just now recieved a call from the custumer care and got the 110% confirm news that belle launching on 7th of feb.wheepee and no OTA update, nokia suite process have to be followed. 100000000000000000% sure that on 7th of feb call guys nokia custumer care if u dont belive me.

23. Kuttan Pandey says:

Yes guys, even i called nokia customer care and they told that belle will be available for current anna users from 7 February. There will be no OTA , you need nokia PC suite to update to belle.

24. Debby Javier says:

I hope there will be no bug on Belle. I’ve waited for it for so long.

25. For the reason that the admin of this site is working, no uncertainty very quickly
    it will be renowned, due to its feature contents.