As I said before, we don’t normally talk about new app releases for WP because there are just to many (and already try to restrict WP app content just to Lumiappadays).
However, I got contacted by Rafe Blandford from AAS and AAWP who launched an app yesterday for All About Windows Phone. No we aren’t going to talk about all the WP blog’s apps – Rafe’s AAWP is an exception given how it came about out of All About Symbian (the team is the same).
I had planned on demoing it myself but yesterday got a lot busier than I had expected (hence lateness of today’s posts – though my Virgin Media internet routinely keeps dying too around midnight so if I miss scheduling my posts, I can’t seem to post).
We’re pleased to announced that the official AAWP (All About Windows Phone) app is now available to download free from the Windows Phone Marketplace. The app is packed full with everything you need to know as it happens including latest articles, device, app and game reviews, tutorials, opinion-editorials, links, media and podcasts. You can now easily browse, read and share all the essential news quickly and easily on the move and the live tile support will notify you when new articles are available so you can stay ahead of the game. Once you’ve found something of interest you can share it with friends on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or email. If you need to know something specific, you can search for a related article in the handy search tool. What makes the app even more appealing is you can join in the discussion and add your own comments via the app.
Key features of the AAWP app:
- Browse all the content from the All About Windows Phone website
- Listen to episodes of the AAWP Insight Podcast
- Search for previous content with optional section and date filters
- Live tile notifications of new and updated content (hint: turn on Notifications in Settings, and pin the app to the start screen)
- Offline support when no data connection is available
- Share articles through Email, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Read and post comments
- Direct link to the Marketplace for apps and games referenced in the content
- Direct link to YouTube videos mentioned in the content
- Open web links mentioned in the content