KONKA The Android Running Nokia You Never Wished for

| May 10, 2012 | 24 Replies

Ok, So technically not true, alot of people out there might want an Android Nokia- But let’s be clear; this isn’t the one you want to buy; With a name Like KONKA (ditch the “I” from Nokia and scramble the letters) that uses the same Nokia font you can’t go wrong right?

As is usual with these Konka-Offs they’re pretty Ballsy, the phone above is a direct copy of the Lumia-900 crossed with the Sony Xperia S (which in itself isn’t too far away from the N9/Lumia form factor).  At least the Chinese still think Nokia is worth copying; which is always flaterring right?

Engadget; 2

Category: Nokia

1. jmlion says:

“Sony Xperia S (which in itself isn’t too far away from the N9/Lumia form factor)” lol. This is so not true. If anything, the only time I think Sony Ericsson took “inspiration” from Nokia was with the SE Ray (http://www.telefonino.net/new_files/images/global/Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Ray_57737_1.jpg), which looked similar to X6.

• Aliqudsi says:

Could be; I didn’t pay much attention to older Sony devices so I wouldn’t know; just thought the bezzel and polycarb remided me of the 900 (although the phone you linked does look more like the X7 than the X6)

2. aboodesta says:

N9 running ICS makes it the most desirable and awesome android phone ever for me ;) ( Im dual booting).

3. deep space bar says:

the second one looks pretty sexy…i would love to se symbian on something like tht

4. anonymous says:

Yep. Because the Android-running Nokia many (excluding myself :P) wished for has long arrived and -as Michael mentioned earlier- is even rumoured to have stopped being produced.

5. SLAYER says:

blame android. it brought the likes of zte, huawei, samsung and all sorts of other crap to the mobile game.

6. Simo says:

They’re “pretty Balls”? :-/

• Aliqudsi says:

yeah about 98 of them arer BS the other 3 are
      -Closed OS (if open source is your thing go with Android)

-Screen does not show notifications when locked (ok that’s a beautidul Meego/SYmbian Feature)

-The author doesn’t like WP…

• Paul says:

This is a nokia site and you say ‘If open source is your thing go with android’?? Should you even be here??

• Jay Montano says:

I openly recommended various phones as alternatives (Symbian) as well as N9 and Android. There is something for everyone. No point recommending people to use something that they have been so specific to say will not suit their needs. If Android is what suits them best, then so be it.

If they want open source, why not Android? There was a huge number of things in the original list that suited Android more than N9.

“Should you even be here?”

Let’s not use that card of who should be here.

• Heron says:

Keeping an open mind work wonders. Every phone has its place.

• mdev says:

Absolutely. Apparently the WP also has its place – the LAST place in the market. Feature wise, it is on the level of the first iPhone. 5 years after the iPhone and 2 years after WP launch.

7. Gen says:

The second one looks like HTC titan

8. Maybe says:

They copied Sony and HTC design… plus the name coincidentally have almost the same alphabets as Nokia without I… Doesn’t mean KONKA copy Nokia…

9. Ricky says:

Thanks, Nokia for not choosing Android as an operating system. :)

10. KONKA The Android Running Nokia You Never Wished for – My Nokia Blog
    air max tailwind 3 http://www.emat-sas.fr/chaussures/air-max-tailwind-3.html

11. KONKA The Android Running Nokia You Never Wished for – My Nokia Blog
    nike free run flyknit http://www.deux-ponts.fr/chaussure/nike-free-run-flyknit.html

12. tngpccqxre says: