Meet the family: Nokia Lumia 920, 900, 800, Nokia N9, Nokia N8 and Nokia 808 PureView

| November 16, 2012 | 47 Replies

Here’s a quick gallery starring the Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia N9, Nokia N8 and Nokia 808 PureView.

Category: Lumia, Nokia

1. Muerte says:

Thanks! Probably the best pictures of L920 so far! (Others are nice also, of course!)

It would be very great, if you could do a comparison between the Lumia Wannabe 8X and Lumia 920. Then everyone could see the difference in build quality (for example, around the USB-hole in the bottom, etc. not to mention the light leakage from 8X)

• Jay Montano says:

Cheers. I’ll be posting a quick gallery of the 920 in a moment. It’s a very, very pretty phone.

I’ll see if I can pop into the shops in the weekend perhaps to see the lumiawannabe 8x :p

• Prasenjit Singh Bist says:

Dear Muerte… A very valid point that u have raised build quality. folks at AAWP have also written in length about fantastic hardware and mechanical engineering efforts from Nokia in building 920… It’s not a cheap phone and Nokia has made sure that this lovely phone is not only gorgeous but durable too.

2. Alvester says:

I so envy you :p

3. mamun says:

all these are yours? Bro did u use 920. How is it compare to i5. Worth buying?

4. DM says:

I have to be that guy… But I will still take my N9 over the 920.

I don’t know what I am going to do, I can’t use a phone with buttons :/

• Gusn says:

N9 is superior to anything on the market right now. But im looking forward to jolla to change that :)

• Seferin Salitio says:

Exactly! :D 21 22 they are going to present Sailfish, interesting! :D

• StefanP says:

The L920 has absolutely “must have” HW. But actually my N9 is still doing a decent job. Good battery life, SIP client, nice UI. I am still not sure if I should give this up. Even my N900 is a very valid device for standard productivity tasks. I even love the N900 form factor with a real keyboard most! Use the same box, updated processor, updated camera, capacitive touch screen and fill the rest with battery. Then imagine where Maemo would be now, if the development had continued!
        I’ll wait for what Jolla has to say before I go for a HW upgrade to L920, but do a conceptual downgrade.

• Eric Rightmyer says:

I would trade my Lumia 900 for the N9 in a heartbeat…

• Keith says:

I ordered an N9 (I currently use a Lumia 800). I liked it but I think I’m going to sell it. I don’t think MeeGo is the OS for me. I love my Windows Phone. I will probably wait for a PureView Phase 3 Lumia and get that one though

• Trexus says:

Hasn’t been my experience at all, 900 became far too dull for me after a while, mostly use my N9 again now.
          I believe Michael’s gone through a similar curve, despite all the odds against it, he still finds himself drawn back to his N9.
          Now I’m sure the 920 will be too much hw* too ignore, so I won’t be surprised if it’s his daily driver soon.
          But one has to admit, in the face of all the things stacked against it, that’s a pretty good run for Harmattan.

*and possibly even sw

5. redmateria says:

its funny that nokia 808PV cant stand on its own feet :-)

6. Edmund says:

wow.. fabula design language is really beautiful! really does grow on me, personally. though I know if they keep repeating this design, people will react to it the same way they did for iPhone 5.

7. ndeep4318 says:

hello frnds please reply ….. Here in india price of these phones is average rs30,000 in that way your gadgets cost about 1.5 lacs . I just wanted to ask do u really buy all these phones . And what is a carrier i mean i remember u saying that u get some sim locked device in very less price?

8. Harangue says:

I’m amazed how little difference there is between the 900 and 920 size wise. I still need to have it in my hand to make it definitive, but man that 920 is utterly stunning and has all the tech inside too make it a wonderful device. Guess I need to buy some new pants with bigger pockets, first world problem indeed.

9. Banderpop says:

That’s the same wriststrap/lanyard that I used to use!

It broke though. I was using my N8 near the front row of a gig and something happened that caused the N8 to fall to the floor. The N8 survived without a scratch (as always) but the strap had snapped.

• DN8 says:

I have a blue lanyard on my blue N8. Must have item for me. Comes in handy to get extreme photos without the fear of dropping it. The new Nokias with WP8 are looking great but man does Symbian have me spoiled with the always on clock. Still leaning toward the 808 though. Nice photos btw. :)

10. Tak says:

Thats one tragic family.

American stepfather killed the kids in favor of his own kids…and actually he also killed the mother in the form of finnish development teams making their own operating system and ecosystem and even demolished the home and moved back to USA.

11. oaabadat says:

Elop is Canadian not American

12. akonarin_phils says:

Cant you have any giveaways there? You’re one lucky guy! I’m loving my N9, but I would like to consider trying to use Lumia’s as well. :)

13. j says:

so we see the 808 is in use and the other phones are turned off…

• Tetlee says:

haha, good spot.

The N8 looked great in green, second only to the burnt orange N8 that I only ever caught a glimpse of once, was a thing of beauty.

14. krishna6233 says:

great!

15. labquto says:

well then i want to believe the idea that in 2013.. nokia will unveil their own fabula RT tablet.. then microsoft would be given a spotlight for it’s first Wp8 Surface phone.. what about that? :)
    Knowing that Nokia & Microsoft are currently in a relationship :)

16. TheRAJ says:

Every single phone above has Carl Zeiss blood in it… Epic…

17. Ruben says:

ahhh what a collection! a true nokian my friend! lovely blue N9, lovely black 808, wonderfull yellow 920. Guess everyone (or almost everyone) here envy you! me included lol

Cheers Jay!

18. Vineet says:

Hmmm

920 appears to be thicker in these pics:

Is it the angle? Illusion? Is the 10.7 mm thickness of the 920 the “Edge thickness”?

• Vineet says:

Wow, so this is interesting.

There is a footnote and a caveat to the thickness figure. Its stated as *volume thickness* (sort of like a average thickness). That is totally misleading. The real maximum thickness is higher then.

• Harangue says:

Had the same thought, but I think it is misleading. The thickest point of the 900 (and the 800) are in the middle because of the pillowy shape. The 920 has the same radius left-to-right on both the outer top as the outer bottom. Taking into account the light that makes the thickest point of the 900 look fuzzy and blurry it seems like the 920 is thicker.

Also, the 920′s thickest point lies closer to the camera and therefor will nearly always look thicker than an equally thick point lying a little further from the camera.

At least that is how I explained it too myself.

• Vineet says:

You are right about the edge thickness of the 800 and 900.

However the Nokia specs page was recently updated to indicate that the 10.7mm was the volume thickness and not actual maximum thickness. This was not the case before (pre-OISgate). If someone could measure the 920′s max thickness, that’d be great :)

19. galaktus says:

my phone still there….N8 :D

20. Grendell says:

Hey Jay, any chance on posting sample images from both the N8 and L920. It’d be nice to see just how far along imaging has come.

21. Prasenjit Singh Bist says:

Apple bragged about Retina: Nokia gave us pure motion HD+ with CBD filter

I mean in every aspect Lumia 920 is today the greatest device… in specs in fetaures in design in performance in all aspects. It blows iCrap5 and Galaxy s3

WP8 is also so sleek and fresh