Lumia 920T Outselling iPhone 5 On Amazon China

| December 16, 2012 | 39 Replies

amazonchina

One of Nokia’s largest victories this month has been the fact that it beat out the iPhone for the number one spot on China Mobile, which is the largest carrier IN THE WORLD (say that in Jeremy Clarkson’s Voice). Now that both the iPhone 5 and the Lumia 920 are on sale through Amazon China the 920T is placed at 4th place (behind several low-end cheap knock off phones) with the iPhone 5 at its heals at #5.

If I recall correctly both were released at the same time which should give for a fair playing field, but only time will tell how long the 920 can stay ahead of the iPhone.

Via

Category: aPPLE, Lumia, Nokia, Windows Phone

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Nokia Lumia 920T tops Amazon China’s best seller’s list? : My Nokia Blog | December 17, 2012
  1. FireDragon says:

You mean to say Largest I believe. :)

2. Chris W says:

Could be related to the fact that the 920T works on China’s 3G network, unlike the iPhone.
    Not too familiar with the China market, but must be a good thing.

3. lamine says:

Nice!
    What are the actual sales figures for the 920?

• Janne says:

We can not deduct such things from retailer top lists. Just a little bit of good cheer for the holiday season, postings like this.

4. swain says:

Sounds pretty good.

5. Janne says:

Right now Lumia 920T seems to be 7th and iPhone 5 is 9th. That list seems to change fast! A billion people does that I guess. :)

• StefanP says:

The iPhone is also split into a black and a white one while there is just one 920. Combining those two iPhones should give a correct picture, maybe with a small lead of the iPhone?

• Janne says:

I think it is important to realize that nobody here is thinking Lumia 920 in any variant is selling iPhone 5 like numbers. :) But getting somewhere on top lists is certainly a nice bit of news, if nothing more.

• StefanP says:

Well, actually I thought this, at least for amazon CN. My remark just to be precise. I am not sure how this ranking is actually done.
          Anyway, right now L920 is #2, black iPhone5 #10 and the white one #11!
          It’s good to be in the top 10 on such a huge market!

6. jammy says:

iPhone 5 is not launched on China Mobile, it’s only launched on china Telecom, which is third largest carrier of china, but people are buying unlocked iPhone’s which is running on it’s 2G speed, at iPhone don’t support tdcdma/tdwcdma 3G/4g speeds bands supported by China mobile. But Nokia Lumia 920T is officialy launched on China mobile and supports it’s 3G and 4G bands….. I’m not saying this to take anything away from 920T’s good selling, but just pointing the fact, that this might be reason of iPhone not selling well there…….

7. Changed again.. says:

On amazon best selling in at&t, Lumias have climbed up a bit after the status changed to in-stock.
    Red 920 is 4th
    Black 920 is 7th
    and HTCrap has gone down to 8th.

A few hours ago HTCrap was above those 2 lumias

8. rafaelinux says:

Right now the lumia is 4th and the iphone 10th, so, that list isn’t really reliable.

9. Janne says:

And they are both loosing to Nokia 1280, a Series 30 device? :)

10. Charles says:

Good for them

11. SitBadDog says:

Big fan of this website, and of Nokia, but I think this is a misleading and poorly written article.

12. DJ says:

It is not misleading. IPhone sale in Chine are below expectations, a lot. It is to expensive for Chine to compete with cheap phones like 920.

• lol says:

I think you better need to read the article at Engadget. iphone 5 sold over 2 million over weekend making new record.Lumia stock initially was very limited.

• J R says:

The post starts off with Nokia “beat(ing) out the the iPhone for the number one spot on China Mobile”, implying that China Mobile carries the iPhone: it does not.

13. anon2 says:

oops.. now at number 2

14. Jules says:

If you say Lumia 920T is Outselling iPhone 5 in China, Then iPhone 5 Sells More Than 2M Units During First Weekend | http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/16/iphone-5-sells-more-than-2m-units-during-first-weekend-in-china/ |

I wonder how many Lumia 920t are sold.

• viktor von d says:

the iphone will sell moe i think. in the end these are on-line sells.they can only compliment the in-store sales and not the other way around

15. KT says:

Still soon lumia will be out of stock whereas iphone will still continue to sell as it is, so as a matter of face its the hair and turtle story. So the quarter result would not be great because the manufacturing unit(limited production) to be blamed largely. Nokia is not able to hand it to those who want to give them money.

• viktor von d says:

they said at the q3 results that they wont be able to ramp up production in q4,only in q1 2013.weird they hyave these manufacturing problems every year when launching flagships

16. Alex says:

As of right now the black Lumia 920 is #1, iPhone 5 @ #10.

Is it really only because it supports the China 3G and 4G networks (unlike the iPhone)

17. Gurra says:

The iphone5 started to sell 14th december, and the opening weekend from 14-16th december over 2millon units were sold i china.
    Some sites report that Beijing had a snowstorm during the weekend but not living there i don’t know if it’s true.
    In china i don’t think many people buy things on Amazon China.
    So i don’t think any Lumia outsold iphone 5 this weekend, maybe it did on Amazon but not in total.

18. Someone necessarily assist to make seriously posts I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual put up extraordinary. Great job!