Gameboy Advance Emulator Coming to Lumia soon (teaser pic on Nokia Lumia 920)

| January 23, 2013 | 14 Replies

qlL6ZlK

Last weekend we looked at the SNES emulator for WP, demoed on the Nokia Lumia 920.

Here’s a sneak preview of a Game Boy Advance emulator that’s said to be coming soon! It will be added to “Purple Cherry” the Gameboy Colour emulator.

The App is coming from Samuel Blanchard. Translation of his comment below by Dall0o:

I am new to the world of emulation and I did it just for fun first and foremost. GBA’s cover will release when I have the time to do it (in general during the holidays). My family and my work are my priority. Today, the application is written in C# and this is a port. Therefore, it is slower than SNES8X. GBA’s cover will be a kind of bonus of PurpleCherry. It will not be an independent app. To play, I recommend a dualcore’s phone but you can can still use a “normal” phone like a lumia 800 just for fun. To finish, GBA emulator will be inside free cover of PurpleCherry. All GBA’s game are not supported but the support of some games are very good : “Mariot Kart, Zelda Minish, Pokemon Fire,

p8BCYCoSource: Reddit

Category: Applications, Lumia

1. hemedans says:

at last fire emblem

2. drexter says:

im still waiting for apps and games that actually uses volume buttons and camera button as additional controllers. aside from virtual buttons. like for gameboy, L and R button would be nice on it

3. Sonny says:

Anyone know if there is a gameboy advance emulator for symbian belle

4. Ruben says:

Good news! i though windows phone was getting behind the emulators..Snes, now GBA very nice.
    I have Emumaster on N9, real cool thing with Mega Drive (Genesis), Amiga, GBA, NES, SNES and Playstation 1.
    I have countless roms of all, it’s really nice to play Final Fantasy VII or IX with all those graphics.

Will windows phone have a psx or ps2 emulator? That would be cool!

5. Bhairav says:

Thats it where that trusty poke silver rom ?

6. Everton says:

There seems to be a bug in gba emulators when jumping. Etc jumping + navigations tends not to work unless its map with button..

Hope this does have any bugs when it’s out.

7. Morgan says:

I have my fingers crossed it will be finished soon. There are so many games for GBA that I’m figuratively dying to play.

8. Kristopher says:

Looks good, but will it be able to be played on the 900?

9. If you want to get a good deal from this article then you have to apply such
    techniques to your won weblog.