Weird Wednesday: Nokia Russia’s sexy ladies ‘eating’ bananas…? Телеканал N1 Выпуск 4…(and Aliens?) #WTFLOL

| January 30, 2013 | 14 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.01.59

I have no idea what’s going on here. There’s a lot of pretty ladies enjoying their bananas, with random splices of Lumia and tiles now and again.

Update: Cheers to Oleg, who says the video gives some interesting facts about bananas and the Caribbean crisis)

Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.04.08 Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.03.51

Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.06.15 Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.05.34

Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.09.12

Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.11.11 Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.11.03 Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.12.07 Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.11.50

2:52 is pretty saucy. Nigella Lawson would blush. Anyone have any idea what this video is about?

nokiaru

i guess my Pikachu 920 is a bit like the yellow banana phone :p

Screen Shot 2013-01-30 at 11.14.19

Category: Nokia

1. Souvik says:

laura choos mera :P

2. Oleg Derevenetz says:

In fact, this video is about different interesting facts regarding bananas, e.g. “bananas and Carribean Crisis”… Have no idea why there is WP interface behind an anchorman :))) LOL

3. lumia 920 says:

why she s eatng@?

Moderator Note: Stop promoting your facebook page here [that leads to clickscams]. Thank you.

4. Aliqudsi says:

Was afraid we were gonna have to put up a NSFW tag for a second :P

5. Janne says:

Elop has been directing ads again.

6. elop says:

i can see all the pictures

7. iluvnok says:

I can only think of that leaked PV808 successor that was featured here MNB. I think am almost sure that will come to lfe in MWC.

8. ms.nokia says:

but i want to see them eating salami :(

9. Toomas says:

I know enough Russian and watched the whole video. It seems to be an episode from a partially-true, partially-fictional programme with some intent to educate the viewers along the way. There were two essentially unrelated stories in the episode. The first one discussed bananas, myths related to them, and historical “facts” (possibly untrue – I have no time to check) that bananas had some role in some important historical events, including the Carribean crisis of 1962.

The second half of the programme started with the “fact” (again, I have no idea if there is any truth in this) that the Russian parliament plannes to ban use of iOS and Android devices by deputies and other higher officials on the grounds that they may contain code that leaks state secrets into the hands of Americans. Predictions on how the ban might possibly change the course of Russian history (all the way to a NATO invasion) followed. As an alternative, Windows Phone was discussed, because apparently the ban did not cover WP. They showed how fast the iOS and Android ecosystems had expanded in the past, stated that WP already had 100000 apps available, and concluded that it was an usable alternative platform. Nokia Lumia was mentioned once or twice as an example of phones which run Windows Phone.

10. rustyknight17 says:

Whew , for a moment there I thought they were using the bananas for something else , like a couple of my Russian female friends did loll !