As I mentioned a couple days ago, I’ve gotten my hands on the new Blackberry Z10; and I’m taking it out for a spin (feel free to check out my unboxing and inital thoughts over here); anyways I must say some parts of BB10 are very impressive. The BBHub in particular which blends in your general notifications alongside your email accounts, BBM and social networks. I think I covered the differences between the Windows Phone Me hub and the BBHub pretty well in the video down below (if I dare say so myself):
As a Windows Phone fan it is kind of painful to see BBHub beating WP8 in almost every aspect of social integration in the hub (besides the Email; but that’s not integrated in WP hub anyways). Especially since for me (and as far as I gather many other WP users out there) that was one of the greatest “features” in the phone; hell it’s what the smoked by Windows Phone campaign was all about. Instead Microsoft took a step back and removed the “favorite sharing network” in WP8, meaning every-time you want to share something you have to scroll through the whole lost of apps/options, rather than having your preferred network/option as default (any one know why they did that? My best guess would be a patent infringement).
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, my name's Ali- Currently a fifth (and final) year Dental Student from Chicago; studying in Jordan. I love all sorts of gadgets almost as much as I love my cookies! Be sure to follow my Twitter handle @AliQudsi and Subcribe to my Youtube for the latest videos - no pressure. Thanks.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Video: BlackBerry Z10 ‘BB10 Notification Hub’ vs Nokia Lumia 920 ‘WP8 People Hub’ – Comparison | SymbianTweet | February 14, 2013
- Reviews : BB10′s BBHub Vs. WP8′s Me Hub Comparison | February 16, 2013
- A Week With BB10: What I Missed in my Lumia; and What I Didn’t : My Nokia Blog | February 16, 2013
- Vídeo – Hub de notificações (Blackberry BB10) Vs. People Hub (Windows Phone 8) | February 18, 2013
- Why Windows Phone Really Needs Instagram (It’s More then Just About Sepia Cats) : My Nokia Blog | March 7, 2013
- Connecting People and Putting People First – Facebook Home and Facebook Phone – Nokia Lumia : My Nokia Blog | April 4, 2013