Nokia Smart Camera can be launched by camera button as default

| May 14, 2013 | 13 Replies

Along with the Lumia 925, Nokia unveiled their Smart Camera lenses app, which has a lot of cool new features. We’ve done several posts on it today, so I won’t bore you.

Over at Unleash The Phones, they have an image taken of the Nokia Lumia 925′s settings, which allows the user to launch the Smart Camera app by default, when he (or she) presses the physical camera key. This is exactly what I’ve been wanting, as it has been a pain having to go into camera, then into lenses etc. It is actually something that BB10 and the HTC One have had going in their favour.

Category: Applications, Lumia, Microsoft, Nokia, PureView, Windows Phone

Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com

1. Ronny says:

I don’t think so… Tom Warren said it will be “enabled” for the GDR2 (AKA Lumia Amber)…

2. Pawlee says:

I was wondering whether this would be possible, given Nokias working with the OS I didn’t see no reason why not to… and this would make a whole lot of sense as the only gripe I have with all these lenses is they take too long to get to in some situations, where you can line the shot up that’s fine, but when time isn’t on your side it’s annoying.

Really looking forward to this software update… just wish I was bothered about the hardware… patiently waiting for the EOS I suppose.

3. arts says:

Rather disappointed with what was launched today. but at least some things do sound interesting.

4. Patata says:

But will Nokia Camera allow to launch other “lenses” just like the default cam app does? If not it wouldn’t be the ideal solution

5. Ruben says:

expected more…so much more.. and it seems that this is still not my future device.

6. Viipottaja says:

This is GREAT news! I always found lenses nice to have but a bit cumbersome. Ability to launch directly to Smart Cam is very welcome news.

7. johan says:

I’m fearing for Nokia after today’s launch. 2011 specs for the price af today’s Android flagships, with half the RAM and processing power of the competitors. The 1/3″ camera sensor is the same size as every other smartphone. How exactly will they justify this to attract better customers? Through slightly better IOS than HTC one? :(

8. I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put
    in writing this website. I’m hoping the same high-grade site post
    from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities
    has encouraged me to get my own web site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings
    quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.

Look into my blog; Dominic Schinasi