Serious Nokia Symbian Product Placement in Fast & Furious 6

| May 24, 2013 | 34 Replies

Fast and Furious 6 MovieSo yesterday I watched Fast & Furious 6 at the movies, and at first I thought I was imagining things. I caught a glimpse of the plastic end caps of a N8; nothing too suggestive, but after that I knew something was up; without fail almost every single phone in the movie was a Nokia… running Symbian.

There were some obvious shots of the E6 (both in black and white), one where Ludacris lets his hand hover over the phone for a second or two so you can get a clear glimpse of the NOKIA logo.

Also there was a brief glimpse of either an N9 or a Lumia 800 (only the side buttons were visible). Either way it’s interesting to see these old phones in what looks like a paid placement; perhaps they filmed this a couple years ago?

Just thought it was interesting, anyone else watch the movie/spot the phones?

Category: Nokia, Symbian

1. RA says:

yup! E6 on the spotlite :D

2. Pras says:

also black Nokia 700, used by Jah (Joe Taslim), the Range Rover / tank driver. :D

3. SLAYER says:

an old contract obligation I’d say.

4. shallow ocean shoal says:

Why do they all look so furious

5. viipottaja says:

Well, the movie is kinda retro… :P

• tiyo xi says:

When it comes to c++ symbian will always better from windows phone , but we all knows it never got fund to go upto carla or dona
      …. …. ….
      Linux phones based phone will be future of market are geting all enviormental supports to , and without nokia wp is nothing but the garbage

• mirco says:

WP8 supports native applications in C++. So what is your claim?

• Ibrahim says:

i guess he meant Nokia should have used Android in their phones, and Elop is trojan horse. lol

• Mooking says:

not android…symbian rework or meego and yes elop is a trollin s*** head

• Andy User says:

Considering WP: in commercials and in marketing this is more then divine piece of miracle, only users are so unaware and have unfounded and unsubstantiated claims. Course them MS evangelists, before will spread out.

• bigbenwpnokia says:

Symbian dead meego has no ecosystem and your point is invalid.

• bigbenwpnokia says:

please Linux is garbage and slow and Symbian is like an old cripple man your point is nothing#

and c++ is supported in windows phone so you need to do your research before spilling bullshit

do you even no nokia plans to boost its company no so ** ff

6. AnandRo says:

FAST N FURIOUS MOVIE Showing FAST(not like laggdroids) and DURABLE (not like cheap plastics) phones… So, no wonder only Nokia being shown :P

7. ms.nokia says:

its now the 6th movie already? i think i missed a few.

• Viipottaja says:

you did not miss much.

• Hypnopottamus says:

If you’ve seen 1, you’ve pretty much seen them all.

• Dominic says:

Well the 1st one was actually a life chancer for a little kid like me, by seeing only that one would give you a completely wrong picture. I know most of people consider that movie as a joke but it’s still one of my favorite ones. And no, I’m not a piston head with glass fibre bumpers on my old toyota.

8. muhsal says:

hey… “Also there was a brief glimpse of either an N9 or a Lumia 800 (only the side buttons were visible)”
    if there was a camera button ,then its a lumia 800 . if there’s not ,then its an n9 !!

9. aria says:

The show “Pretty Little Liars” still rock Symbian Nokias.

10. FireDragon says:

I was going to capture images. They did some SERIOUS work. I mean the movie start with the Nokia’s tone.

11. FireDragon says:

An interesting Sci-Fi TV Series “Black Orphans” is full with Nokia devices.

A new good movie “Identity Thief” shows off Nokia 603 I think upclose several times. I have screen for you guys to send over.

12. gal says:

nokia everywhere :)

13. milojko says:

hm, maybe the movie was shot with 808 :D

14. ***** says:

Chronologically, this movie is “before” Tokyo Drift(Han Dies in that one)

Thus, they cannot show any newer cars than what appeared in that movie, and well, only Symbians because its “old” I guess.

• MdN says:

True, but still they could have used iPhones or older Androids and they didn’t. Maybe there weren’t any in working condition left. ;-)

15. chandan says:

You will also Nokia x7 symbian anna in Transformer 2

16. Shreenit says:

True! Stars of FF6, A Nokia E6, E7, A N8, A 701 and 500 too!

17. AnythingButNokia says:

Yes we should all get excited over a dead OS that even its own mother set on fire and pushed into the cold arctic waters off the Finnish shore.

18. Erudy says:

I think nokia hit the nail as far as phone’s . all phones now days have no self image. they are all a glass with a plastic cover. think about it no matter how high tech they get the still look just like the phone of the guy next to you. kind of like a casio and a rolex. Casio super tech rolex tells time.

19. Jiraiya says:

Nokia is just a phone that is durable. Not like the other brands (Samsung, Sony, Lg) with Android OS. Still I love nokia phones (especially my Nokia N85 with Symbian OS). I have this for over 4 years. For how many times it fell on the ground, it still works. I love This movies coz they choOse the riGht phone for the movie.

20. 一方で高齢者に対しては、ヴィトン コピー 激安が単なるヘルパーではないことをしっかり理解してもらうそうです。
    ルイヴィトン 長財布コピー http://www5.big.or.jp/~fujishi/count/fujishi-louisvuitton-dipk6xwsxe.html

21. crfwjgyx says: