Skype Finally Officially Available for 808 PureView and Other Symbian Devices

| December 7, 2012 | 66 Replies

Quick update since I’m so excited about this, Skype has finally been pushed out for Belle FP1/FP2 devices including the wonderful 808 Pureview. So far the app looks like the old one did, will let you know if I spot anything new.

Download from the link below:

Thanks for the tip stephenquin58

Tags:

Category: Applications, Nokia, Symbian

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Skype dostupan za Nokiju 808 | NokiaMob | December 7, 2012
  2. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | allcom.se | December 7, 2012
  3. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices ← techtings | December 7, 2012
  4. » Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices » webaligns | December 7, 2012
  5. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | The Worlds Tech Blog | December 7, 2012
  6. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | Compugenies | December 7, 2012
  7. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | Project Konnect | December 7, 2012
  8. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | tekifeed.com – Gadget Feeds, Gadget News and more! | December 7, 2012
  9. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | Tips for the Unready | December 7, 2012
  10. Skype disponible pour les terminaux sous Belle FP1 / FP2 « Nokians – La parole aux fans de Nokia ! | December 7, 2012
  11. Today’s Links December 7, 2012 | December 7, 2012
  12. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | 1001 articole | December 7, 2012
  13. Skype para Belle FP1/FP2 ya disponible para descarga desde la tienda | TecnoBlog | December 7, 2012
  14. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | SP1RACY - All things tech & more | December 7, 2012
  15. – Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | December 7, 2012
  16. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | eMagility :: defining mobile agility | December 7, 2012
  17. Skype officially ready for Symbian Belle FP1 and FP2 devices | Blog Feeds | December 8, 2012
  18. Skype 已经正式支持使用 Belle(Symbian)FP1 及 FP2 系统的装置了 – AYOU资讯 | December 8, 2012
  19. Skype 已经正式支持使用 Belle(Symbian)FP1 及 FP2 系统的装置了 | 帮你资源 | December 8, 2012
  20. Skype 已经正式支持使用 Belle(Symbian)FP1 及 FP2 系统的装置了 | 云动态 | December 8, 2012
  21. wanglint » Archive » Skype 已经正式支持使用 Belle(Symbian)FP1 及 FP2 系统的装置了 | December 8, 2012
  22. Skype 已经正式支持使用 Belle(Symbian)FP1 及 FP2 系统的装置了 | December 8, 2012
  23. Skype para Belle FP1/FP2 ya disponible para descarga desde la tienda | Tecno BLog celulares nuevos, descargas de temas juegos y aplicaciones,todo sobre nuevos modelos de celulares | December 9, 2012
  24. Skype 已经正式支持使用 Belle(Symbian)FP1 及 FP2 系统的装置了 | higeek|嘿,极客:关注极客事业 | December 9, 2012
  25. Skype llega por fin a los terminales Symbian Belle FP1 y FP2 gracias a una actualización menor | Tecnología en Serie - Lo último en la Tecnología y Gadgets, TECNOSERIE | December 9, 2012
  1. JH says:

Skype has worked on the Nokia 808 since release, but you had to download the SIS file manually from the store and sideload it to install it.

2. pls says:

I though there is an update, but I have this version of Skype on my fully updated E6 for at least 3 months now, got it from Nokia Store. So.. nothing really new.

3. Robchan says:

Why oh why, why can’t they just enable the video-calling function!? Is it really that hard?

4. DM says:

No N9 and no video call support?

Skype you are a laughing stock!

5. stylinred says:

my 808 is acting weird the camera isnt loading or if it does it doesnt load the UI and wont take photos

even if i reboot it may or may not work -_-

i havent even added anything new to the phone -_-

• Matt says:

Had the same problem a few months ago and it turned out to be a conflict with a few third-party apps. In my case it was Extra Buttons. After removing that app the camera started working again.

Have a look at the apps you installed most recently and try removing them one by one.

• stylinred says:

yeah that’s what i thought as well (conflicting apps) but i haven’t added anything new to the phone in ages, the very last thing i did add was Wellness Diary and I removed that just to see but nope, issue still happens

• one was says:

i’m curious, are you using camera pro or any other 3rd party camera app? mine acted up in a similar fashion when i installed camera pro. disabling camera pros option to be the default camera fixed the problem. now i just access camera pro from its homescreen icon. otherwise, try a battery removal or holding the unlock switch down while pressing the red power button for 8 seconds to do a reset.

re: the article on skype, i’d never known this was an issue, as i’ve been using it on my 808 since i got it a month ago. someone said if you used the default theme there were no problems, and i never themed the phone, so maybe this is why.

ps: how do you still have wellness diary?! i was looking for it but it seemed like nokia ended the feature/service and the app along with it disappeared from the (north american) store.

6. DKM says:

Honestly Skype side load install did not work for me as it was crashing so i uninstalled it. But i saw the skype in the 808 store few months back and installed. It worked perfectly so why this news now when the app was available more than few months. I think someone just woke up from sleep and saw it. ;-)

7. sdf says:

skype should at least update its keyboard for fp2

8. Banderpop says:

Boooo! I skim-read the title and thought this might be a story about Swype working on FP2! Or working on anything really, since Swype 2 Beta ending up breaking itself because of its built-in time bomb regardless of the version of Symbian it was running on.

Does anyone know of a way to get Swype 2 Beta working that doesn’t involve hacking and changing hidden system files yet? Trying to type without it is just too frustrating, like going back to T9 after having a physical keyboard.

• MoritzJT says:

There is none. You either defuse the time bomb or you have to live with the consequences until Swype gives you what you deserve!

• Banderpop says:

Blegh. I don’t think I can live with the consequences much longer. I thought I’d give the FP2 keyboard a chance, since I’d also have to abandon Swype if I moved to Windows Phone. But I’m simply a lot faster and more accurate when typing with Swype!

9. ndeep4318 says:

i thought it skype added new version but what u are telling us is a ollllllllllldddddd news i already downloaded it about 2months ago

10. MKnowles says:

yeah, I installed this version through the store the day I got my pureview a little over a month ago

11. flyingbathtub says:

“so excited”…i thought you mean we got video call on this lol

12. Muerte says:

By the way friends, do you have any idea why I can’t use my mix radio on Nokia 808 (all FPs installed)? It just isn’t there? Is there any way to uninstall and re-install Nokia Music? I think that I have the old version, because it just doesn’t have any Mix Radio options available – only tracks available for purchase. Thanks!

13. belle and jolla beat lumia 920 says:

we should bombard skype with belle fp2 keyboard update, or maybe video call if possible.

• Banderpop says:

Yes, but what’s with all those sites linking to this story? Even Engadget has just posted a story on it!

Bit weird really. It’s like tech sites know that there’s some appetite for Symbian news, but still can’t be bothered to bookmark more than one site to look for it.

14. steelicon says:

Nothing to see… move along.

15. schwermetall says:

Still no video call?
    What the hell.
    As much as I know Skype belongs to MS.
    So why does Android and iOS have video call and Symbian not?

16. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading
    properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

17. Turk Telekom calling cads come in 50 and 100 kontor varieties.
    Skype claims thyat Fring abused their API and could not handle the
    feature on their app. Even smalpl downloads on slow networks take a while, but “something is better than nothing,”
    iss what most people would probably say.

My web-site: hacker un compte skype

18. hacker skype says:

Thus when I email Carrie, I geet to pick ouut observations that I had, things that I
    saw or anecdotes from teaching to share with her.Skype claims
    that Fring abused their API and could not handle the
    featude on their app. We further want to connect more than ONE
    sound source to the recorder.

Stop by my web site :: hacker skype