Photos: Nokia N8 vs N97

| July 29, 2010 | Reply

Here’s some recent photos (taken on Monday) comparing the Nokia N8 and the Nokia N97.

via: Uploaded on Flickr by Mario Villamil Arguelles

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Nokia, Nseries, Photos, Symbian

I'm the type of person who like creativity, marketing,design,hardware and quality in Nokia.

1. e says:

so no more surprise.

2. yougo says:

wheN will nokia make i version of n97? Symbian 3,capacitive, gpu,

3. Will says:

What a diference.,if just n8 would did Came the last year the image of Nokia would be so diferent first Nokia as a brand en then as a OS n8 its gonna be a boom because desing built quality fresh looking the hardware and symbian 3 that in my opinión seems very promissing and good and friendly user fast ., i hope that the ditails thats missing on n8 like 1ghz cpu 800*480 wvga res escreen at least its gonna be good

4. N#O#R#U#L#E#S says:

N97 still the best due to the presence of a qwerty..without it example forget great emulators as vsun, vbag, pico…

and what about n8 battery life? n8 has great harware ,off course, but tiny 1200 battery just insufficient for a power users:

for example, n97mini has the same battery 1200mah and under powered hardware (lacks gpu/ cpu 400mhz) small 3,2 screen and with a huge (wifi/3g/sms) usage battery goes down after only 8/9 hours….i don’t want to imagine n8 so!!!!

and for last the alluminium body could produce negative effects to the antenna reception (As iphone 4)

• Al Pavangkanan says:

The top and bottom house the antennas. They are made of plastic to ensure no reception problems.

5. Lek Tor says:

Are final N8s made in Finland or China? Protos have “Made in Finland” on them (the photo is blurry in this set to make it out)

6. Rahul says:

Seriously, is it a joke???
    I think it should be N8 vs N900 or N97 vs C6.
    N8 is simply outstanding(theoritically), yet to be launched..

7. Rino says:

Nokia N8 have broadcom BCM2727, and 2727 consist of cortex-a8 (1ghz?) + videocore III. ARM11 is not a problem…

8. skills says:

some of them will be produced in finland, but not all of them! i think the products for switzerland are prduced in finland and other european countries too i think. but in the end they all go to quality check to finland no matter where they were produced. (a nokia care employe answered this to me, he told me that he couldt tell where the phones for the swiss market will be produced, just that all phones will be checked in finland!)

9. Puffer says:

Am I the only one that thinks that Nokia somewhat dropped the ball by going with a 3.5″ screen? I’m loving the specs otherwise. I did play with a DroidX and boy, what a difference the screen real estate makes. I don’t know if I can hold out much longer for the N8 (end of September release?!) when there are some fantastic Android phones out now. Don’t get me wrong, I love Nokia and owned more than I can count but they are taking far too long from announcement-to-release. Release the phone already. I don’t care about these “more photos taken with Nokia N8″ or “more videos of N8 GUI”. I get it. Symbian^3. How about you try releasing it. Sort of reminds me of Duke Nukem:Forever.

10. gtdmouse says:

what is the name of the application that you are running on the n97 in the first three pictures?

11. adi says: