If there were any fears that Nokia’s upcoming MeeGo devices would have specs in keeping with current S^3 devices, we can all breathe a somewhat collective sigh of relief.
Recent tweets and announcements from the MeeGo conference follow on twitter here minimum specs have been confirmed to be a minimum of 512MB RAM, 600MHz+ Arm V7 or x86 processors (Snapdragon, A4, OMAP,ST U8500 all fall into this category) 512 Mb internal ROM and GSM/HSPA. Unfortunately for those living in certain regions, CDMA is looking unlikely to be supported until version 1.3. In addition, the official releases for 1.1 and 1.2 DO NOT include support for LTE (bummer ).
Update: MeeGo 1.3 is looking at an October 2011 release, soooooooooooooooo far away
I’ll try to keep you all posted on anything coming out of the conference.
MeeGo 1.2 is expected to be released in April 2011 in keeping with the 6 month cadence between release versions. Should be noted yet again that these releases are not directed towards the end-user.
Action items for MeeGo 1.2 include increased QML use in applications, an integrated backup-restore mechanism, Office document viewers integrated with OS, better package managers and security features.
NB, Office viewers are currently being done by separate developers, see KOffice for MeeGo tablet.
Twitter is reporting that screen res requirements haven’t been decided upon. Of big importance this bit. Aspect ratios matter a lot when writing apps (at least for beginners ) careful consideration should be given to the available chipsets, display technology and touchscreen controllers. The latter being very very important for running touch-controlled interfaces. Terrible idea to match 720p or XGA screens with sub XGA controllers. VERY VERY bad.
About the Author (Author Profile)So you've read something I've written. yay!! As you already know, my name is Andre and I'm currently a student based in Atlanta. Much like Jay, I pretty much blog here in my free time. Follow me on twitter @andre1989 or contact me directly at Andre(at)mynokiablog(dot)com. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.
Sites That Link to this Post
- MeeGo: requisiti minimi e date di rilascio! | Flabbertech | November 16, 2010
- MeeGo 1.2 will require minimum specs - 600MHz CPU, 512MB RAM | November 18, 2010
- MeeGo 1.2 hardware requirements unveiled | November 18, 2010
- Meego 1.2 Butuh Mesin Berprosesor 600 MHz & 512 MB RAM | November 18, 2010
- Smart Phone Top 10 » MeeGo 1.2 will require minimum specs – 600 MHz CPU, 512 MB RAM | November 18, 2010
- Requisitos mínimos para dispositivo MeeGo | November 18, 2010
- Szilárd-Erwin Szogyényi | November 19, 2010
- Znamy wymagania sprzętowe MeeGo 1.2 | gsm | November 19, 2010