During Stephen Elop’s interview at the D9 conference that Andre nicely highlighted the most important points here, Walt Mossberg asked Stephen, when Nokia will be releasing their first Wp7 device and as usual Elop replayed with the Q4 time realm which seems to be the settled time frame for the first Mango device running the software from Redmond. More interestingly Elop decided to tease the audience with an intriguing piece of hardware….
The intriguing bit of the interview was the hardware that he briefly showed off, he didn’t mention if it was a Nokia device, but he practically confirmed it in a warm and jokingly manner:
“I carry all forms of innovative hardware at all times”
And then pulled the prototype out of his jacket for a quick sneak peak, Mossberg then asked him to take it out again and Elop replied “thats what you call a sneak peak and that he would have to wait for a launch to see it”.
To go with that in another interview
In a Businessweek article that I strongly recommend that you read, Elop made some encouraging news on the speed of development concerning on the Windows Phone front.
“I’ve got a working Windows Phone in my pocket now, and it’s been less than three months since we began working with Microsoft. We’re moving at a speed that’s faster than Nokia has ever moved before.”
Sounds encouraging right ? Another closer look at what could be Nokia’s first Windows Phone device.
PS (Imagine if Nokia had worked this fast on Symbian and MeeGo devices, hindsight is a beautiful thing isn’t it )
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey welcome and thank you for reading my post. Well I am a student based in the UK, and try to blog about Nokia as much as I can in my spare time. I am also on twitter where you can follow me @jwf90 or also the site @mynokiablog. You can also contact us with juicy tips or suggestions at tips(@)mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- First Nokia Windows phone possibly shown off briefly at D9 conference : TakeConnection | June 2, 2011
- Nokia Has A Working WP7 Prototype; CEO Elop Carries One On Him - All Phones | June 2, 2011
- Nokia Has A Working WP7 Prototype; CEO Elop Carries One On Him | Latest Technology News | June 3, 2011
- Un prototype de Windows Phone par Nokia dévoilé par Stephen Elop | WindowsPhoneFR.com – Windows Phone 7 – Windows Phone 7 "NoDo" – Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" | June 3, 2011
- Nokia: Erster WP7-Prototyp bestätigt | June 4, 2011