N9 now available?

| September 8, 2011 | 38 Replies

I was online at Nokia Australia, and it appears to be available online, yet the link to purchase simply refreshes the page. Here’s the screen shot.

It appears to only be 299 euros(Weird price is mentioned in Euro when we use AUD in Australia). Authorised resellers include, T-Mobile, Vodafone, Orange and O2, which, except for Vodafone, are NOT operators here in Australia. Possibly an Austria-Australia mix up?

Seen anything like this on your country’s Nokia page?

UPDATE: Sorry about the crappy post, was doing this in class. So the above screenshot is from the “Check Availability” section. It shows that the N9 is available to buy at 299 euros online and through certain resellers. Neither the currency( Euros not AUD) nor the resellers, match those here in Australia. Like many of our readers have said, it is most likely a mix up between Austria and Australia. Austria apparently have these operators and, being part of the EU, use Euros.

As for why it includes the “data plan”, this is still not clear. How can Nokia give you a data plan when it is up to operators?

Michael

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: MeeGo, Nokia

Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com

1. icdhfhfh says:

N9 will be available in singapore from October onward, 16G for S$799, 64G for S$899.

2. Fanel says:

The buy link doesn’t work. :(

• A-S-D says:

Of course it doesn’t work. It’s a mistake.
      We use AUD not EUR in Australia.
      We don’t have orange here. It was bought by 3 a few years ago. We don’t have 3 here because it was bought by vodafone not so long ago. We’ve never had T-Mobile or O2 in Australia so clearly a mistake/mix-up. It makes more sense for the UK than Australia.

3. lovemeego says:

euro 299 is good price

4. 352x416 says:

That is funny. The URL says .com.au but all the whole page is UK specific. Nothing on that page relates to Australia.

5. et3rnal says:

just mistake! the opraters not Australians and even the price, its 799 here

6. fff says:

why do you use mac? support apple?

• Michael Faro-Tusino says:

It’s all I have access to at School

• phishbone says:

I’d support Apple over Google or MS any day.

Most of the FUD you see spread all over the web against Apple comes from people that have never used an iphone, nevermind an OSX-running Mac.

This is coming from an ex-iphone user, who currently owns an N8, uses Windows at work, but MUCH prefers Macs after using them for 2 years.

7. Marcel says:

The carriers T-Mobile, Vodafone, 3 and Orange are all present in Austria. Also the Euro price would make sense here. Maxbe this was just a confusion between Austria and Australia?

8. StylinRed says:

i just took a look and it says you can also choose a data plan through the site

so maybe 300 euros is with a data plan? (although the euro pricing is still odd)

9. wes? says:

available soon…
    in Austria

10. Dave says:

Wait… €299? I really hope that’s the price.

11. realtechie.. says:

it’s not at all logical to be 299euros.

12. Pökö says:

Yeah, hopefully price is not 299€ for shareholders stake. Lets start with 550€ 16Gb and 650€ 64Gb on pre-orders and after month 499€ and 599€ without contract.

13. fjfjfg says:

fire sale if euro 550

14. Regus says:

Looks like it’s back to normal now…
    No buy option any more. Mistake I guess?

15. ravo says:

damn 299euro.. i would buy 2 then ahha:P i hope the price goes down here in sweden its still at about 540-590

16. wes? says:

Austria has these operators:
    - A1
    - T-Mobile
    - Orange
    - Drei
    - tele.ring
    - some other rather small ones

The operators sound more like Germany to me, although I think Orange is not in germany, are they?

17. dip86 says:

All those operators are available in the UK. Although euros might suggest Ireland also.

• 352x416 says:

Does only UK have Car Phone Warehouse?

• dip86 says:

I know carphone warehouse exists in the UK and Ireland..don’t think they can be found elsewhere. I know all the operators listed can be found in the UK, however am not sure if Orange for example can be found in the republic of Ireland.

Tbh it’s gotta be some kinda error (though I’m wishing not!) at that price so I wouldn’t look too much into it.

18. j. says:

Appeared on one of the polish web shops http://www.komputronik.pl/product/132388/Nokia_N9_Black_64_GB.html with a price around 687 euro…damn pricey…

19. rueaka says:

looking for nokia N9 at 299 euros on google(.fr) I ended on this page :

looks like there will be N9 in belgium.

P.S : in google there is mention of a price (299) but I had no success finding this on the nokia site …

20. Hariainm says:

Check amazon.de

Nokia N9 16Gb -> 619€ (Black / Cian)
    Nokia N9 64Gb -> 799€ (Black)

Fuck! this is way too expensive, that 64 Gb version

Also, Jay, can you confirm the N9 will get the 3 colors in both versions? There’s lot of information saying 64Gb version will only be avaliable in black color

• Michael Faro-Tusino says:

I’m not Jay, yet my contact at Vodafone Au told me that the 64GB will be in all the colours (as far as he has been told). Yet apparently, the 64GB version is for those who are employed at Voda, at least for know.

• Hariainm says:

Of course I aprecciate your words too, Michael! ;-) Then seems we have to wait for that 64Gb Cyan version. Thanks for the info!

• Raver says:

Get a Black 64GB & one of the really nice cyan skins that the N9 already has.
      That’s what I’m doing, if the Cyan isn’t out right-away (or ever) for 64GB.
      Plus Black’s a more versatile colour & won’t look as worn-out as quickly as Cyan.