Opera Mini & Opera Mobile for Symbian Updated.

| November 3, 2011 | 25 Replies

Our favorite alternate web browser for Symbian phones, Opera Mobile/Opera Mini have just received a fresh new update! bumping them up to version v11.50(1894)/v6.50(26988) respectively. To download head over to m.opera.com  from your phone browser.

I can’t seem to find a changelog specific to Symbian but it appears that all operating systems got the update together- so some of the changes might not be present, changelog:

Opera Mobile:

• Added Data Usage view
  • Added save bookmarks to Home Screen
  • Added import of system bookmarks
  • Added support for inline HTML5 video on Honeycomb (android).
  • Fixed issue with Cookies disappearing during the browser session
  • Fixed issue with Out of Memory when login to Link account
  • Fixed issue with Flash not working after 11.00 update (android).
  •  Fixed various font issues
  • Cache stored on SD
  • Updated Mobile core to 2.9.201
  • Permissions: See bit.ly/opera_permissions
  • Various stability and performance fixes

Opera Mini:

• Faster start up time.
  • Even faster page loading.
  • Improved scrolling performance.
If you spot anything else not mentioned let us know.
Via Mobilephonetalk.com

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Android, Applications, Nokia, Symbian

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Opera Mini 6.5 Comes To Market Updated with Data Tracker | November 3, 2011
  2. Download Opera Mini 6 Terbaru 2011 | April 15, 2012
  1. Andre C says:

“I can’t seem to find a changelog specific to Symbian”

The best place to read about opera mobile and mini are their official blogs.

You can find the detailed change logs there.

2. Daniel mcguire says:

Well this update is superb, I now prefer to browse the Web on my Nokia n8 than my iPod touch, thank you opera!

3. kskw says:

It still eats a lot of ram.. the native browser is way more economical

4. weirdfisher says:

i still prefer opera 10 to the laggy zooming in opera 11

5. Irving says:

I see the top bar of the screen (where the network and battery signal) is visible while in the application, must be because of Belle but it kinda looks crappy on Anna

6. RVM says:

I would like to have an option (left-right scrollable list ?) to add more favourite websites to speed dial.

7. Felix says:

Opera mobile now supports the new version of yahoo mail but there’s still the issue of memory full.

8. ricky says:

mini’s laging on my n79

9. EmmanuelM says:

Pfff Opera this WEB browser is SOOOO GOOOD

I just don’t understand why NOKIA just put it in Symbian ^3 has standard WEB browser

10. xyz says:

Finally they’re supporting the Symbian Belle status bar! Cool.

11. hosny santos says:

few comments about n9 and anna e belle, is so sad, now only talk about WP ,well we will see in future if flop and his council is rigth we need n8 whit more ram and better chip, maemo6 togheter WP.

• Aliqudsi says:

As much as I’d like that it’s obviously NEVER going to happen , I put my hopes at a more realistic N8 successor running Mango/Apollo with a possible Swype integration. Now that I would get in a heart beat.

• N9 says:

OK unless you don’t mind no bluettoth file sharing No front facing camera, no NFC, and only a 480×800 screen you wont be getting your N8 replacement with WP you have to wait a full year till apolo get out and then a few more months till nokia is able to put tat in to a phone.

12. Nagol says:

Too bad I can’t get flash support from Opera mobile on my E5. But then again I can’t complain, I actually get flash support from my E5 default browser which actually is kind of descent. But the navigation on the opera is much better than the symbian default. But hey, I have my cake and eat it too I guess lol.

13. doraemon22 says:

does not support flash does not matter. because what i need from a web/mobile browser is a browser display a neat & accurate in terms of search & open a website

14. David says:

Its nice how in bookmarks it brings through the native web browsers bookmarks :)

15. obviously like your web site but you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the reality nevertheless I?ll definitely come back again.

16. Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity on your submit is simply nice and that i can think you’re a professional on this subject. Fine along with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to keep up to date with impending post. Thanks one million and please carry on the gratifying work.