If you’re anything like me then time on the couch is your sacred lazy time, meaning not even getting up to find the remote and switch the channel (once I watched a whole episode of desperate housewives cause I was too lazy to find the remote); if that’s the case then PC Remote is the app for you; this app gives you full control of your mouse, keyboard, volume, and commonly used applications suchs as Media player, VLC, Zune, PowerPoint, Youtube, Netflix, Hulu and much more.
PC Remote is quite straight forward it only requires you download a tiny application on your PC/Laptop from here, once that application is installed your WP can connect to your PC through your Home/Work WiFI network and give you full access (short of simulating the screen- which in all honesty would be a bit too cramped on the 800- maybe on the 900?).
PC Remote was updated after I filmed the review, the new update brings a cooler Metro Ui look to it, as well as the ability to pin a previously connected PC to your Metro Homescreen; all in all whether you’re too lazy to find the remote or you’re giving a presentation PC Remote is highly recommended, Cheers.
BTW: Apologies for the shaking of the camera; but I was free handing this video due to the multiple points of focus.
#100) PC Remote
What’s new in this release:
1. New Metro UI
2. Ability to Pin a computer to the start.
3. “Wake up LAN”: which means ability to wake the PC from sleep and connect to it.
Description: With 270,000+ downloads, great reviews, best mouse on Marketplace, easy and secure setup, this is one of the best remote connectivity app.
We believe that you can enjoy your Multimedia contents on your PC relaxing on the couch, bed, or even from another room and controlling your PC. We want you to sit comfortably and enjoy your multimedia rather than surrounded by keyboard and mouse.This is how PC Remote makes your life easier:
1. Mouse: you can move cursor, click, drag and drop, zoom, vertical scroll from your phone. Ability to view PC screen remotely and controlling it by simple functions like tap for left click, hold for right click.
2. Keyboard: you can type from your phone – a full keyboard support including control, shift, alt, tab, function, home, end and other special keys.
3. Remote Desktop: you can view PC screen at phone (Beta).
4. Volume: you can control PC volume from your phone.
5. Audio and Video Player: you can control songs and videos running on multimedia applications like XBMC, Windows Media Player, iTunes, Spotify, VLC, media player classic, Zune, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
6. YouTube: you can search YouTube in the app and use “Play on PC” feature to view YouTube videos on your PC.
7. Windows Media Center: you can control Windows Media Center from your phone.
8. PowerPoint: you can control your PowerPoint presentation – change slides, start/stop slideshows, change the cursor to a pen.
9. Support for Shutdown, Sleep, Hibernate, Turn off monitor, Turn on monitor, Logout operations on your PC.
10. Auto Discover your PC for easy setup. Works on Domain network, password protected and encrypted data transmission.
11. Other features like Ability to Pin a computer to the start, “Wake up LAN” feature for selected computers.
Design: 10 (With the New Metro Ui)
About the Author (Author Profile)Heyyo, names Ali- Currently a fourth year Dental Student from Chicago; studying in Jordan. I love all sorts of gadgets almost as much as I love my cookies! (Have: Green Nokia N8, Cyan Lumia 800, Black N9, Stormtrooper White Lumia 900, Black 808 PureView, Red Lumia 920). Follow my twitter handle '@AliQudsi' - no pressure. Thanks.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Lumiappaday #100: PC Remote on the Nokia Lumia 800 : My Nokia … | Groovax | February 23, 2012