NitDroid Alpha Release now available

| March 21, 2012 | 41 Replies

I just jumped on Nitdroid to check out the status of its alpha release, and it is there!

As I’m writing this I am setting it up :)

To learn more head over to the link below

Sorry about rushed post, too excited!

Update: Here is the official demo of the Alpha Release

Warning: Do not rush any instructions. I made the mistake and am currently needing to find a reflash work around.

Category: Android, Applications, MeeGo, N9 Hacks, Nokia, Nseries

Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Video of Nokia N9 Running Android ICS Using NITDriod : Nokia Innovation | March 21, 2012
  1. YESYESYO says:

Wow i almost regret that i bought lumia 800 instead the n9 with all these hacks :(

2. SLAYER says:

check out the video, and thats only the first alpha release

3. Khaled says:

I really want to install it but the steps are too complicated. After thinknig again I remembered that I bought the N9 to avoid the Android OS…
    Love the device for MeeGo… Too bad that not mant apps are developed for the smooth OS…

4. Maybe says:

I hope they can simplify the methods to do it later. I hope they consider to make an application that can give us the feel of different UI in N9 like the idea here. http://www.ideasproject.com/ideas/17513

5. Aleve Sicofante says:

It looks very smooth. I was under the impression ICS needed a lot more hardware than the one in the N9 to run. It’s pretty impressive. Have you run some apps and see how they perform?

I’m a Meego fan, but having a plan B for the day Nokia put’s it in the coffer for good is nice.

• Michael Faro-Tusino says:

I haven’t used it a lot, at uni at the moment, but default apps are all smooth :)

Includes app store too. Will record a walkthrough tonight :)

6. lovemeegoi says:

is this alpha version nitroid able to install cracked android apps?

7. Madratz says:

Wowww.. Super excited..!! But I’m gonna wait for the next version. I believe it will be simplified by then and at least get a 3g/wifi connection access cause this one need a usb connection to the internet right?

8. ZiiimZooon says:

I hope there will be a install video :)

9. Twig says:

Nokia 610 coming to Netherlands very soon. Looks like Latin Ameria getting the 710 and 800 next. Go Windows.

10. DrexarN9 says:

Anyone tried the apps yet? Is it working perfectly? Especially Whatsapp and Draw Something? :P

11. Antonio says:

WOW
    If this project actually succeeds and makes the N9 able to flawlessly run Android ICS, it will be AWESOME for the phone!

Imagine having all the fluidity and awesomeness of Harmattan, plus all the apps and games from Android!

I am now VERY much in doubt of which phone I should get next: the Nokia 808 or the N9

12. fsx says:

Perfect because even though I absolutely love MeeGo, putting my calendars and feeds and everything there slows it quite a lot… but I’d be fine with that if I could only get WLAN working on my uni… Which I can’t…. so this will be perfect since it also has WhatsApp and so on and so on…

13. yemko says:

If they can tweak ICS for n9 with all functions working perfectly, am gonna get dat robot beast for sure no matter what cost!
    I played with n9 today in a phone shop, it wanna make me jump outta my pant! REALLY IMPRESSED! Body build +…

14. hffh says:

waitung for detailed review of this hack and installation video

15. Suabesh says:

Just installed this .. so cool !

Unbelievably smooth for an alpha release. Mostly functional, just needs Wi-Fi to work along with the ALS,PS.

I hope @drunkdebugger overclocks the processor for android as well, 1.4 Ghz should do just fine :P

16. vladest says:

I’d prefer to get Harmattan or its successor (Meltemi?) on lumia’s instead of this battery hangry eater

17. wallberg says:

Awesome.. Is Google Maps working?

18. sunil says:

i a getting error when extraction sillyboot…
    sbin/preinit
    tar: can’t remove old file sbin/preinit: Permission denied

i am using terminal for installing this

• Rodrigo says:

I have the same problem… I Think I need to execute this command like root.. but I don’t know how i can do that..

19. Shaun says:

Nice work for an alpha.

I’d rather see them port it to the Lumia 800 though. That needs a decent OS and I’ve got a spare 800 that isn’t being used other than for testing websites are mobile IE compatible.

They’re also cheaper on eBay than N9s and there’ll be a flood of them in a few months when people with the 800 feel the ‘need’ to upgrade to the 900.