That’s right folks, I have successfully booted all three OSes on my device. Not really a use for it, but the fact I did is really cool in itself.
I’m not sure how many people want to know how to do it, or not, but it is good to share knowledge. I will divide this up into installing Nitdroid and Nemo. Sadly, I have only tested a tethered boot into the Moslo Bootloader for Nemo.
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE. THIS IS DONE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
1. Install dual-boot kernel as described here: http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=90.0
2. Install sillyboot. Details: http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=91.0
a. Download tarball from here: http://depositfiles.com/files/ue9wxpz49
b. copy the archive to your Nokia N9.
c. execute “as root” command
tar xjvf /path_to_archive/nninedroid_ics_alpha1.tar.bz2 -C /home/
Assuming use of Linux Host and Harmattan Flasher installed
- Create a folder on your desktop eg NemoN9
- Download this http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/marquiz:/n950/CE_Adaptation_N950-armv7hl/armv7hl/moslo-0.0.13.1-7.1.Nemo.Adaptation.N950.N9.armv7hl.rpm to that folder
- Using the terminal enter
cd /file/path/to/that/folder/rpm2cpio moslo-n9-*.armv7hl.rpm | cpio -vidu
- Once completed, entersudo flasher -k usr/share/moslo-n9/zImage-moslo -n usr/share/moslo-n9/initrd-moslo -l -b
- Your N9 should then boot to a screen with green text. Wait until it says alternate rootfs exported via usb
- Your pc should auto mount. (If not, run dmesg and look for sdx where x is a letter or number, eg sdb. Then run mount /dev/sdb /media/Alt_OS or you can unplug/replug USB and repeat step three until N9 is automounted)
- Once mounted, runsudo tar --numeric-owner -xf nemo-handset-armv7hl-n950-*.tar.bz2 -C /media/Alt_OS/
- When extraction is complete, unmount the device
Unplug the usb and you should get an option to boot Harmattan (Vol+) and Alt OS (Vol-). Alt OS boots Nemo. Continue through to Harmattan where you will be prompted to boot an Alt OS again (Nitdroid) by pressing Vol+. If you wish to go to Harmattan. Do nothing. To get to the screen to boot nemo, you must repeat step 4 only. Once these screen says “alt rootfs exported” unplug USB and press Vol-.
Contact me via email or twitter for support