The post came up on my twitter feed this morning thanks to @Joaoluisc. It didn’t take too long and I’m not surprised at all. The first custom ROM for the Nokia Lumia 800 has been released, and apparently, the developer known as RainbowMod had released one for the 710 earlier. The ROM is a Tango FW, using the Chinese Variant.
The latest custom ROM for both includes;
- Full Unlock from UltraShot
- Removed OEM applications (Nokia Drive, Maps, etc.)
- Search key remapping
- QuickLaunch menu for quick switching state of WiFi, 3G, Flight mode, Power save, etc.
- Ability to access file system via WiFi/USB
- Integrated Live ID, DppImplant no longer needed, but new key can also be banned
- Orientation locker
- Added multiple colour themes
- Easy installation xap from browser or file manager
- Unlocked Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts (limitation of Chinese firmware)
- Added Google and Yandex search engines
- xb0xmod cert for cab-updates
- Lots of minor changes
- Updatability via Zune (not guaranteed)
Of course, you need to be lucky and have the unlocked Qualcomm bootloader to flash this on the 800, but luckily, the 710 can be done regardless (IIRC). Head over to XDADevelopers forums to find out more.