PCMag’s top 10 Symbian Phones – What’s yours?

| January 25, 2013 | 96 Replies

Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 16.18.24

Sascha Segan from PC Mag looks fondly back at the “ground breaking Smartphone OS’s” history and collates his top 10 Symbian Phones.

1. N95
  2. E71
  3. 3650
  4. 808
  5. E90
  6. 6682
  7. N82
  8. E7
  9. SEP990i
  10. N-Gage QD

What’s your top 10 Symbian Phones? Anything missing in the list?

Cheers Acura for the tip!

Category: Nokia, Symbian

1. Junnior_Reis says:

Good List. Here’s Mine (In Order) !

1. NSeries N95 Classic
    2. NSeries N93i
    3. NSeries N90
    4. NSeries N82
    5. 808 PureView PRO
    6. NSeries N8
    7. NSeries N86 8MP
    8. ESeries E61i
    9. ESeries E90
    10.NSeries N73

P.S: But It’s Here At A Great Honors NSeries N70, NSeries N76, NSeries N78, NSeries N80, NSeries N81, NSeries N91, NSeries N95 8GB, NSeries N96, ESeries E65, ESeries E66, ESeries E71, ESeries E72, ESeries E7, XpressMusic 3250, 701, Sony Ericsson P1, Sony Ericsson Satio, Samsung I8510 Innov8 And Samsung I8910 Omnia HD !!!

2. Taha Anwar says:

There’s no definite list for me. But everything N-series phone before the N97 filled me with awe. Atleast.

3. Taha Anwar says:

There’s no definite list for me. But every N-series phone before the N97 filled me with awe. Atleast.

4. Mamun via N8. says:

how come his list didnt include N8.

5. nas says:

a list without Nokia E72 and Nokia N8?

6. fransre says:

E7-00, Communicators 9500/9300

7. rich says:

There was another article looking at how advanced Symbian was, went right to to the communicator.

I dont remember the site but it is the last thing I tweeted @richwhite08

8. Matias says:

Cool, I’ve had the three top phones on that list. Still using the E71 as a backup.

9. mothra says:

Altho I never owned one, the X7 was definitely a looker. Probably one of the best looking smartphones that I have seen.

10. leomate says:

I still have N GAGE QD and now use 808 Pureview
    It’s amazing :D

11. krashek says:

How can this list be without N8? O.o

12. Chandan says:

Dear nokia user,nokia will come up sidewise with Jolla ….So enjoy Sailfish and stop remembering nokia for WP….

13. dege says:

o and siemens sx1, it was really great phone with strange arranged keys

14. BlazinEmperor says:

asides the camera, Nokia 701 beats any symbian phone on all counts. itz pretty fast & got no bugs. Only a highend android device can replicate itz performance. and itz GPU is pretty sick, HD games don’t stutter or lag, itz interface is fluid, Dolby Digital Plus & Dolby Headphone kills everything, it even works with wireless headsets, unlike in wp8 lumias. The video player plays anything (hardware rendered) not the crappy software rendered shit on Lumias & Droids. The browser is quite buggy, but usable & you can just install opera mobile. The CPU isn’t the browser’s problem, cuz i’ve used a galaxy pocket browser & it was much fluid than that of my 701. Itz an all round performer. Nokia 701 is to Symbian, what Samsung Galaxy S2 was to Android.

15. Core says:

Symbian 9.5 or Symbians 5th edition (Symbian^1): Vivaz, Vivaz pro, I8910 Omnia HD,
    Symbiana 9.3 or Symbians 3rd edition: I8510 INNOV8, Siemens SX1, E90 (This is the screen resolution that Nokia should go after putting E90 communicator on the market.)
    Symbian ^3: Nokia N8-00, E7-00, 808 PV, 603

• Core says:

Symbian 9.5 or Symbians 5th edition (Symbian^1): Satio,
      Symbiana 9.3 or Symbians 3rd edition: 7650,
      Symbian OS v9.1, UIQ 3.0 -Sony Ericsson: P1, P990,
      Symbian OS v7.0s, Series 90 UI : Nokia 7710

16. migo says:

Hard for me to say, as I haven’t owned 10.

In some ways the 6600/6620/N-Gage(QD) are the best as those are the most powerful S60v2 phones. S60v3 on just weren’t as good (for their time).

That said, I’d suggest the E61i, I loved my E62 until the D-stick broke, and preferred the keyboard to any since (tied with the Dell Venue Pro).

The N95 is problematic to rate as its battery life was bad due to bad software design, but otherwise was better than every subsequent Symbian until the N8.

The N8 is also a problem as they never made a version with CBD.

I’m surprised the Innov8 and Omnia HD aren’t on the list. Samsung made better S60 phones than Nokia back when they still bothered.

17. alihan says: