#N9Apps: #Soundwave – SoundHound Client for Harmattan (+ Video)

| February 6, 2013 | 19 Replies

2013-02-06_15-31-13

Its been a while since I have brought up some news regarding N9, but that has been my fault. A bit too busy with a few things now that unit is about to start. Anyway, today I wanted to show you a new app on the scene – Soundwave.

Soundwave, made by @Knobtviker, the amazing developer of Dropian, is a SoundHound client for Meego-Harmattan (coming to Symbian soon). It is not only feature packed, but has an amazing fast and fluid UI, something we have been accustomed to thanks to the power of Qt and QML.

Check out the video to get a better understanding of how it works and looks. It is paid, but definitely worth supporting the dev.

Nokia Store

Category: Applications, N9Apps, Nokia, Video

Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com

1. jody / buzzinga says:

its awesome and it works! unfortunately, after installing the app, saved pictures and screenshot wouldn’t show at all. :( so i cleared my device, and since then have not install soundwave yet again. :( i hope they fix this bug

2. MoritzJT says:

Knobtviker has been going on with Qt and QML for quite a while now, knowing many of it’s little quirks and how to eithe fix or circumvent them. The result is a high quality app that we’ll see on Harmattan, Symbian, Blackberry and probably Jolla too, thanks to his commitment!

This is a must have!

It saves recorded tracks incase you’re nowhere near reception, so you can send it in for analysis later :-)

Cheers

3. Luuseri says:

This is a good app, I was happy to pay 5€ for it :)

4. Mike says:

Installed last weekend. Works really great! Good example of an app for the N9.

5. Ruben says:

Good to see some more love to the platform! i’ve seen it before in talk maemo, it is a very nice app. Fair enough to be paid, supporting the developer work is showing some love back.

Year and a half, and N9 is still amongst the most capable devices, and amongst the most logic ones. Swipe is still kickin’ ass!

6. gasbond says:

Is just for songs in English?

• Tiago Silva says:

Testers have said it can recognize songs in Hindi, so I believe it will recognize any song that SoundHound has on its database.

7. EricJRight says:

Anyone want to trade their N9 for a Lumia 900? Anyone? Anyone?

8. EricJRight says:

~I’m jealous~

9. Ztuka says:

Another great application för N9.
    Only thing I would love to see is the chance to install Java apps. Some apps I really miss…

10. Shane says:

Blast from the past, FINALLY another #N9Apps, well overdue, thanks MNB crew.

11. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I feel that you simply need to write much more on this subject, it may well not be a taboo subject but typically many people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

[url=http://christianlouboutinnewa.10001mb.com]christian louboutin simple pumps[/url]

12. shannon says:

It’s going to be end of mine day, except before ending I am reading this fantastic paragraph to improve my knowledge.