Video: Hands On With The Super Affordable Nokia 105

| February 25, 2013 | 18 Replies

700-nokia-105-group_2

Last video for tonight as I’m super tired, so I’ll try and get some shut eye (we got a couple interviews with some Nokia people tomorrow, so look forward to that. Here’s  a quick  look at the super affordable Nokia 105; the phone is actually really super light and quite sturdy for something you could buy for the price of a meal in some countries. The dustproof keypad is pretty sweet (the key press feels REALLY nice) and best of all it’s 15 Euros!!! :O

Category: Nokia, Video

1. torpedu says:

it should have a larger screen, other than that nice emergency phone-> hope the sound doesn’t suck like in the other cheap phones

• Antolija Jehwen says:

Let me remind that, but this is just a continuation of Nokia N9 design, hence Nokia N9 range. The queen can be only one, and an undefined crowd of followers IMHO. Whatever this is quite cute mobile – I like it. How many sim cards?

2. adit38 says:

this should be b/w display, i love nokia 1280 etc with b/w screen. when 100/101 come out, it really frustasted to read my sms under direct sunlight. in indonesia (and other tropical area) thats should be everyday problem, b/w always great under direct sunlight

• Marc Aurel says:

The 103 has a B&W display. I don’t know where it’s available, though. Might be in Africa only. The planned release was in Q2 2012, but it appears it was delayed until Q4 2012 (according to GSMArena).

• StefanP says:

I agree, this type of phone does not need a colour display, B&W is even better: better contrast and lower power consumption.
      With B&W LCD it could be even 13 EUR only. :)
      The ideal disposable phone for drug dealers and the Mafia! ;)

3. D Harries says:

I have 808 + Nokia 100. And if all I had in the world was a nokia 100, it would be a good thing to have. It could be a lifeline for some people. When it comes to flashlight/torch, or kitchen timer, or a simple calculator, which phone am I going to use? The clever smartphone with all the apps? No. Sometimes push button wins over smartphone

4. Mendax says:

I’m disappointed about the lack of bigger news today, but it was already widely speculated. I do very much like that Nok is filling out its roster of phones, and keeping the design consistent to reinforce Lumia branding. The 105 seems like a sturdy device, and a good example of Nok’s close attention to covering the entire consumer spectrum.

I’m not certain of WP8′s capacity to compete with the big boys on the high-end level, but its smoothness and simple and colourful design make for an excellent mid- and low-range device (which these days can be incredibly functional, especially with a few core apps).

5. Jessie Torres says:

Value for money AND after market support should about sustain this ruggedly handsome Nokia candybar.

6. stylinred says:

I would love a 105 even though i’ve no use lol it just looks cool and its so cheap

7. Janne says:

Just to recap Nokia’s pre-MWC PT teases vs. reality:

- Icefisher picture on Facebook meant nothing.

- Nokia “at home” in Barcelona meant nothing.

- “keep your eyes and ears open” meant nothing.

Not that this was a big surprise to close followers. More often than not Nokia’s teases amount to nothing. Remember that Eiffel tower tease…

8. Janne says:

By the way, Elop’s MWC Tuesday keynote speech is now live at this moment:

Here is at least a Finnish liveblog:

This is his speech about connecting the next billion, so expect general talk only, not announcements… but who knows. Yesterday was the product launch press conference.

9. Jyrki Sukula ottaa voiton Ramskista says:

105 seems to be a nice phone. Maybe I’ll get one.

After all it costs less than two bottles of nice and cheap wine.