Asha 501 Specs Leaked

| May 8, 2013 | 82 Replies

e0e49ec525035efba13d9fa2c197ad22

It seems one of those online sellers in India have posted a listing of the Asha 501 (with no price as of yet); the phone has some decent specs backed with the usual S40 of Ashas. As the story has been with Ashas for a while now, the real importance is what features will come to the lower end of the price range, something that has been Nokia’s goal for a while now; but I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.

The Nokia Asha 501 is an entry level smartphone that would compete with the low end Android smartphones in the market. This device comes loaded with a lot of features that would satisfy a low end smartphone user.

OS & Processor

This device comes with Nokia’s Symbian series 40 OS loaded in it. There is a 1 GHz processor loaded in the Nokia Asha 501 for the smooth performance of the device. The 512 MB RAM helps in easy multitasking.

Hardware

The Nokia Asha 501 comes with a 3.5-inch AMOLED display screen that offers visuals at 320 x 480 pixels. This handset comes with a bar shaped design and its touchscreen ensures easy navigation.

Camera & Memory

This handset comes with a 5 MP primary camera that helps in capturing images with impressive resolution. The Nokia Asha 501 has a microSD slot for memory expansion up to 32 GB.

Media & Connectivity

The Nokia Asha 501 comes with media features that include music player, video player, FM radio and SNS apps etc. Connectivity features available in the handset include 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPRS and EDGE etc.

Of course it could be a case of one of the online shops trying to be the first to list the phone (since the product images are very poor quality), but so far it sounds reasonable.

Nokia-Asha-501_3.jpg

Edit: It looks like the reseller is using @evleaks’ images that we saw before (you can see where the watermark was removed on the red one)

Screen-Shot-2013-04-01-at-14.27.27.jpg

Thanks for the tip @Ragav_G

Category: Nokia, Windows Phone

1. Luisito says:

Sorry… but this specs looks like it someone just started to put whatever he read on any entry level smartdevice…

Wait till the announcement day, to see the real deal

BUT if this is true, then amazing spec for what it’s, and IF it’s the same S40 with minor/just cosmetics change, what a waste of money/resources…

• Janne says:

I doubt many of the specs are real.

But the phone itself looks interesting nevertheless.

• Luisito says:

Second to your second paraghrap… I L-O-V-E the white one (I have a fetiche with white gadgets)

• Marc Aurel says:

Only the 512 MB of RAM looks bogus to me. I doubt S40 could utilize that much RAM even with more multitasking. The rest are quite plausible. 1 GHz ARM11 is probably true, as well as 5 MP camera ( EDoF, not AF). HVGA display is very plausible.

• jiipee says:

How do these specs relate to 700/701? I should check. They might have had more memory. And graphics processor.

2. manu says:

mobile suleka is a bullshit website. never rely on it

3. LUMIAALLTHEWAY says:

I want NFC in it -_-

4. Brian Stephens says:

“The 512 MB RAM helps in easy multitasking.”

Lies – Series 40 OS CANNOT multitask at all, not even in the psuedo-way that WP and IOS can.

I call B$ on this source.

• Fz says:

My first reaction to this was “MULTITASKING, YAY”

It might not be BS. I’m not an expert of any kind, but judging from the fact that you can find how-to guides if you search for “S40 multitask”, there probably is nothing profound in the S40 that would have to be changed for this to work. The limitation might have been there because easy usability and good experience are very important differentiation factors on lower end phones when competing against cheap shenzen products and there has been no competition with multitasking. 512 should now be enough to have multitasking without any bad hiccups.

Multitasking has really been the only thing why I haven’t seen S40 as a smartphone platform. It might be still limited to same Java for apps as before, but Nokia has already for quite a while had APIs that allow stuff well beyond what your grandpa’s JavaME had.

• Bloob says:

It can multitask, it does all the time actually, just not the processes which the user can initialize.

5. Imarius says:

….but the 520 is already pretty cheap on payg, just how low could nokia price this ? sub €100 ?

• Marc Aurel says:

The real price of L520 is about 170-180 USD, so I would guess the Asha 501 goes somewhere between the 311 ($100) and that, in other words about $120.

6. torcida says:

“Nokia’s Symbian series 40 OS”

S40 is NOT (!!!!) Symbian!!!!!

7. Merito says:

these specs don’t deserve S40. Seilfish would be cool.

8. Jojamani says:

Is this a dualsim? dual stand-by, dual active? If it is dual sim I will buy it. Even with “dead system of Symbian” hahaha. Anybody know is it dualsim?

9. B Jay says:

Symbian?????
    Really??????

10. Marcos a. says:

In brazil no one wants this kind of crap, It’s Android and iphone everywhere. It’s ridiculous to think that people in emergent markets wants to buy just because of the price, It’s all about apps, android and iphone. Wp is a completely failure here.

11. oakpacific says:

I don’t get it, what kind of multitasking will need 512M RAM on a S40 phone? Maybe a completely revamped system?

12. monkster says:

S40 and wp=not related in any way.trolling FAIL!

13. Vivek Moyal says:

Nokia Asha 501 is now launched and your specs are quite different from the real one. check out the here

14. Arup Ghosh says:

Lol its better than a Lumia phone :)

15. Life says:

It is a nice handset, it has many functions those I like most……And also I will buy it…..

16. SofiaSpock & Ondrej Kuzma says:

This is not s40 … is microkernel real time OS by purchasing the entire company http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarterphone. Yes, multitasking, yes extra minimal use os… for me is very nice OS unlike big OS as android 4 iOS, windows phone.

17. SofiaSpock & Ondrej Kuzma says:

Please rewrite 512, nokia asha has 64 MB ram http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Asha_501/
    only 64 MB ram and full multitasking…is very nice, optimalization system.Ofical name is Nokia Asha software platform ….verze 1.0

18. Julia says:

Ya i agree with many of you, as i also read different – different kind of features and specs in many other blog sites. But i can say that Nokia Asha 501 is a budget phone with:

Display : 3 inches
    Display Size :Nokia Asha 501 has a display size of 320 x 240 px
    Sensors : Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor

Camera : 3.2 Mega Pixels
    Camera Res : 2048 x 1536 Pixels
    Zoom : 3x Digital Zoom
    Video Formats : MP4, ASF, AVI, 3GP, Codecs : H.264/AVC, H.263, MPEG-4 at 25fps

Games : Yes, Touch UI, Java games
    Operating System : Nokia Asha software platform 1.0

19. Himanshu says:

Good Budget Phone.

You can find more phones in budget at here:

20. It’s very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this
    paragraph at this web site.