Nokia Lumia 1020 gets drop tested by accident!

| August 11, 2013 | 34 Replies

So there’s this cute nurse named Sheila E, who was unboxing  the Nokia Lumia 1020 while standing up outdoors.
The girl stood there wearing blue scrubs and going through the motions of unboxing a flagship device, having just showed off the lanyard, the Lumia 1020 slipped from her hands making a sound only a brick would make.

definitionofIRONY

Sheila picked the phone up while trying to calm the nerves of Mark the camera man (&her husband) which we don’t see, “are you OK Mark?” she said while checking the Lumia 1020 for damage.

falling

I went through the comments and Sheila answered the question if the Lumia 1020 turned out OK which it did while taking a little chip on the corner (As its Poly-carbonate inherently painted, it wouldn’t be noticed easily.)

Whats funny is all the Youtube comments on that video which really goes to show that people’s trust in Nokia’s build quality is not diminishing.

Funnycomments

I also liked how she hold the phone close to her heart as she picks it up :)

mynokiablo

enjoy the video and have a lovely weekend :)

Category: Unboxing

I love mobile photography, I have a serious 8 years relationship with Nokia , and a love/hate affair with Microsoft. you can follow me on twitter @nabkawe5

1. chris wayne says:

ctrl-z girlfriend… or she got the d that night…

2. Deaconclgi says:

That is Mark’s wife from thenokiablog.com.

3. Ady says:

Awww she’s so cute ^_^ I would not leave her around near my non-Nokia gadgets though :D

4. Imarius says:

nurse drops nokia 1020 on ground, nokia still working .

5. JGrove303 says:

No, Mark. The Irony here is that you were given that 1020 as a gift from Nokia and you almost had it taken away by fate.

6. Simon says:

You know what they say “you are what you eat”. You guys are becoming what you use – dummy as Windows Phone.
    An no, I am not a Symbian fan boy – threw out my n8 long time ago.
    This blot used to be interesting…

• JGrove303 says:

Na, she plays Candy Crush on her iPhone.

I know I’m feeding the trolls here, but…only a real, true, dyed-in-the-wool asshat would comment on such a light hearted post such as this one about how they “threw out” their N8 and how stupid everyone else is. Sounds like your life with iOS/Android is so boring now, you gotta go stir Shiite to get you rocks off. Sad, indeed.

• Simon says:

Go play the lottery today – hopefully you have better luck there.
        Posted from Q10.

• JGrove303 says:

Even worse, you’re cocky about having an over complicated UI on a super buggy OS that is DOA on a device that looks like the iPhone 5 if it had a respectable screen size.

• Simon says:

Obviously you haven’t used it so shut the f**** up moron.
            I used them all, Symbian (not just Nokia), windows mobile, Maemo iOS, Android, WebOS,MeeGo, Windows Phone, and now BB10. I use 2 phones daily simply because the perfect phone for what I do doesn’t exist. When one of them was WP8 I felt I need a 3rd phone to get things done with the pace I need.
            Its a really good OS… for kids, slow kids.

• Moody Caplan says:

Enjoy your Q10 I don’t understand why would you hang around an uninteresting blog though we’re glad to have you just the same.

btw when were we interesting to you?

• Simon says:

Well I got addicted to it, I used to check it daily.
        It started right around the N8 release and then it was thrilling updates, news, tweeks, then N9 and so on.
        I am trying to drop it though, and with articles like this it will not be too long.

7. dn8 says:

My heart dropped and that’s not even my phone. :) Mark took it like a champ, kept on filming. I would would at least said nooooooo! Very intertaining though. Loved it.

8. Mike says:

What an epic imbecile.

• CyberAngel says:

those phone are really slippery – even without soap – maybe too light
      I’d like to test your IQ with a slippery phone ;-)

9. zizou says:

She is really cute… Her expression when the phone fell was so ….cute😁

10. wiishesh says:

Matt finish polycarbonate is slippery than glossy one. I dropped my 1020 twice from my pocket height, got tiny dent, almost unnoticeable but my eyes keep looking that spot everytime when I took my phone, heartbreaking experience, but I went to at&t n changed it and got my baby back again. But I admit matt yellow is not as sexy as glossy yellow. I love my yellow sexy 920 and black 1020.. Ty Nokia for such sexy and unbreakable device.

11. Rickey says:

she’s cute… ooooooo…..

12. I was suggested this fabulous website via my personal uncle. We are not specified regardless of whether this post can be published as a result of them since nobody else know this sort of particular with regards to my trouble. You happen to be wonderful! Many thanks!

13. MSCCAG says:

how to avoid hurt from drop,damage. a shockproof,elastic soft protector will be necessary.
    How about his design from gadget2us.
    It is made of TPU (Flex) and leather,with a lens cover.it looks cute

14. asun says:

I think, if with a good elastic soft protector can avoid such drop damage to your nokia Lumia 1020. such as a strong leather case with shockproof design. you may google the special design with a camera cover from gadget2us.