News of Sailfish running on the N9 has been circulating the interwebs for a bit. I’ve been using it on one of my N9s for a few days, and made this little video showing it off.
Now, the easiest way to install it is to follow the guide for installing Nemo and replacing the Nemo.tar.bz2 file mentioned, with the file from here (direct download). (There is also a 188.8.131.52 image, though that involves a little more work – you need to extract it over the other image, and then copy files over so you can get access to root etc. If you’re interested in that, come chat on irc at #nemomobile on freenode)
There are of course bugs such as:
- Android layer not working
- Swipe down to close, actually being swipe right-to-left
- Time not setting properly
- Camera and GPS does not work
- Apps may need to be launched twice (crashes first time)
Also, note that the sailfish tar I linked above is from a users device, and he/she has been silly enough to leave a few personal things (like a test contact, test SMS, WiFi networks etc), so please don’t abuse that, and just remove it.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Watch: Sailfish OS running on Nokia N9 + Guide | The Jolla Blog | December 10, 2013
- Watch Nokia N9 running the Sailfish OS | ChipLoco | December 10, 2013
- Jollan Sailfish-käyttöjärjestelmä asennettavissa Nokia N9(Ohjeet) | JollaSuomi | December 10, 2013
- Video: Sailfish OS v184.108.40.206 running on Nokia N9 | December 10, 2013
- Sailfish OS ported to Nokia N9.. | Obim Mordi's Bolg | December 12, 2013