The latest player in the music streaming game is Beats Music, which launched for WP today, after being out a week or so on iOS and Android. Unfortunately, its US only (Australia is said to be next) but what if you want to test it out now?
The easiest way that I managed to do it, was this:
- Install a little program on your Mac or Windows PC called Spotflux. This allows your computer’s connection to be detected as a US user.
- Sign up to the service at Beats Music’s web page
- Go to Settings on your Windows Phone, and scroll to Language + Region, changing country to USA and rebooting.
- Search the store for Beats Music and install it
- Change your settings back, reboot
- Sign in with the account you created earlier
Note that you will only have the trial version, but it is more than enough to satisfy your curiousity. Also understand that you won’t get app updates unless you change your device region back to USA, or the app becomes available in your country!