Here’s a really nice and useful app that’s free in the App Manager: Tickstill.
- You can use it as a stopwatch and it also has countdown functions too.
- The countdown is especially nice as you can set your own sound/music as an alarm when the clock reaches zero.
- The interface is really simple and easy to use.
- Just press play for stopwatch.
- For countdown, scroll the numbers like a combination lock and set how ever long you want the countdown to be. Then press play and it’ll countdown
- Both stopwatch and countdown works in the background – you can even see it ticking away in multitask view.
Below is a video demo.
I’ve put tickstill on my desktop for easy access: