Want some more N8 news? There’s a huge first impressions review from ifanr.com. An important note they do make is that you shouldn’t take this as a review of the final product as (fortunately/unfortunately) we have quite some time to wait until it actually hits the shelves.
Note though, that the review is originally in chinese, so unless you’re a native speaker, be aware that the translator will confuse the meaning of certain sentences.
Some interesting highlights:
- Battery life 1.5 days
- Positive improvements on the UI
- Homescreen can be filled to the brim with shortcuts. 6X4 in total. YAY.
- Linear live multitasking window. I DISLIKE this PRE style cards. DISLIKE. But a lot of newbies might like it. Pre owners seem to. Maemo 5 and N900 has the best multitasking interface on all mobile phones and hope S^4 adopts something like that, not this painful swipy swipy nonsense.
- Web browser interface has no significant changes (oh dear) but multitouch as you know, works well in it.
- The review makes some points about the camera and HD out but the translator makes it difficult to understand what on earth is trying to be said.