Blog-N8.fr has put together a huge first impressions with the Nokia N8. As much of it has been documented before I’ll post up just a few main points of interest from their post. Note that it’s in French so apologies for anything lost in translation.
- Fits comfortably in the hand (not as wide as iPhone, wider than N97 – good balance)
- Better screen than n97, greater contrast, more vivid, blacks are blacker.
- Nokia N8 – RM596 sold in France will all be made in Finland
- 180MB free internal memory – well – just make sure you’re always installing apps onto memory card or mass memory.
- Browser is weak point – not as fluid as the rest of the phone
- From what they have seen, no management for tabs – long press no cut and paste (WTF! – are you frikkin serious? No multiple browser windows? Good thing for Opera Mobile. Man, S60 Browser NEEDS TO DIE IN A HOLE RIGHT NOW)
- Currently no virtual QWERTY in portrait. Only T9. Not an issue for me as I want one handed T9 in portrait but I know many have requested this feature.
- 12mp images load quickly despite their large file sizes (excellent considering other phones still stuck on 3mp/5mp)
- Video editor well designed – can create montages from photos and videos (as well as adding text and transition effects) with output file in HD
Look at our favourite chunky monkey in the middle! N8 can’t be accused of being an obese brick of a phone. Mmm..that N8 black. I want it so much!