Well as Chippy from UMPCPortal and CarryPad shows, MeeGo beats them both.
The image above shows firefox on a netbook, 3936.2ms vs 4215.2ms on Aava mobile. From Ars Techica’s tests, iPhone with iOS4 took 10901.1s with Android on 5795.2s
What’s the significance of this? Well it shows that MeeGo on the Aava mobile (via 1.5GHz Intel Moorsetown and firefox) will load pages significantly faster than the iPhone, more than twice as fast – up to 1.5 seconds faster than Nexus.
Browser type, OS, and device hardware (processors) are the factors involved here. Default browsers are used in general tests to compare default usage.
- 5344.4ms – Asus EEE 1008HA Firefox 3.5.5,
- 17050.6ms- iPhone 3GS 3.1.2, Safari
- 10590ms – iPad, Safari
- 29915ms – Sony Ericsson Experia X10, Android 1.6, 1GHz
- 37233.6ms – N900 @600MHz, MicroB (performed in April, before PR1.2 update)
- 16488.6ms – N900 @600MHz, FireFox (performed in April, before PR1.2update and FireFox 1.1)
- 13237.2ms – N900 @800MHz, MicroB (performed in April…)
- 8981.0ms – N900 @1030MHz, FireFox (” “)
Do note that the Aava mobile is just a reference design product – not something you will see on retail shelves any time soon.