Gallery: Nokia E7 (vs Nokia N8 vs Nokia N97 vs Nokia N900)

| September 14, 2010 | 50 Replies

Here’s a mash up gallery on the new Nokia E7, a stunning 4″ tilt QWERTY slider.

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Nokia, Nseries

1. Nocare says:

Does it have front facing camera, in gsmarena, they say it does not have one?

Is the screen resolution acceptable?

• alex68 says:

It is a CBD display. Should not use the normal res number to judge the display…

• alex68 says:

I did not know the CBD display tech at all. I wondered before why N8 display looked so good as the res number was not high.

Also gaming on N8, it is crazy smooth and fast. I am now wondering what tricks are in it…

2. Nocare says:

Does it have front facing camera, in gsmarena, they say it does not have one?

Is the screen resolution acceptable?

• alex68 says:

It is a CBD display. Should not use the normal res number to judge the display…

• alex68 says:

3. John Wiegand-forson says:

I am starting to think the E7 is more appealing than the N8 barring the camera of course

4. John Wiegand-forson says:

5. Stylinred says:

yeah the e7 is quite a beaut but seems a little too big for my tastes

6. Stylinred says:

yeah the e7 is quite a beaut but seems a little too big for my tastes

7. kaiwangailan says:

I think it is not multi-touch.

8. kaiwangailan says:

I think it is not multi-touch.

9. Zak says:

no front facing camera? seriously?! WTF?!

10. Zak says:

no front facing camera? seriously?! WTF?!

11. Dennis says:

Is the E7 coming to the US and did they announce when the N8 will be available for purchase(Sept.31?)?

12. Dennis says:

13. zonk0r says:

Does no one else notice the lack of CPU info?

I know the N8 has ARM11, but hunting around it looks like this is the device (E7) with the snapdragon that was rumoured for this year..

which would actually make a lot more sense than having it in a Meego device that runs on x86 and ARM instruction sets.

I wonder if they are hiding this fact in case people see this as a higher Spec than a 680Mhz ARM11?

14. zonk0r says:

Does no one else notice the lack of CPU info?

15. rick says:

so the E7 has only 640×360 pixels on a 4″ screen!! That’s ridiculous in this day and age and in the marketplace they are targeting… Less than my n900! It looks beautiful but that’s not enough!!

• Andre says:

Guy at techno buffalo who used the screen thought it was higher resolution than that.
      Having an Evo and iPhone nearby and still saying that it was super sharp and clear probably indicated that clarity and brightness are somewhat more important in positive perception than the raw numbers.

• alex68 says:

You are absolutely right. According to Nokia this CBD is Nokia technology. This technology revolution helped Nokia to cope with display supply problem.

Recently Nokia sued those display suppliers.

• Stylinred says:

check out the endgadget comparison with the iphone4

they find positives in the e7 over the iphone and say the e7 “certainly looks just as good as the galaxy S”

based on the pics they provided the E7s CBD > Retina

16. till when it come in ind.

17. vicscraft says:

E7 is more on the N-series look, C7 on E-series (looks like E71 w/o keypads for me), and C6 for X-series… Well, whatever series they are, they are all impressive…

18. gObbo says:

I’m really disappointed by the absence of AF in the camera of E7… 8 megapixels and no AF – what exactly is it good for? And no memory cards? WTF? Thought I’d buy it, but no way!

• zonk0r says:

yeah, lack of AF is a bit weird, perhaps trying to distance it yet further from the N8? as for memory cards – bit of a pain, but USB on the go makes up for it as you can use USB sticks :)

• gObbo says:

True about USB OTG, that’s a really nice feature, but still, the internal storage is just 16 gigs which isn’t exactly a lot for recording/storing HD videos and other stuff, and I can’t really imagine carrying it around with a USB stick dangling from it :D

• murble says:

Its intended for business use. Mostly email, etc. An SD card would have been nice, but I dont picture the intended market making much use of it.

19. Aaron says:

The new phones look nice. Now if they can just SHIP one of them within a reasonable time frame….

20. IMarius says:

Hmm well i think i will stick with the N8 , as i was planing on getting the N8 for everyday use and waiting for a meego phone for business to replace my n900, thats still the plan. Keyboard looks nice E7 hope the meego phones are like that.

21. El Marko says:

Ouch. No MicroSD card, on the E7? That’s a problem, for me. I don’t want to carry a bunch of devices to listen to music and shoot videos on the fly. No front-facing phone doesn’t sound too “business class,” either.

Presumably, although the hardware might be terrific, the software of these (allegedly) “business class smart phones” doesn’t know diddly about categories. I’m thinking it won’t allow for the creation of categories of contacts, appointments, tasks and files and won’t allow users to create views which filter or sort by categories. No syncing of categories to Outlook or cloud-based services such as Google Calendar.

Eye candy UI cannot make up for this ongoing deficiency, not only in Symbian^3 but in other so-called “smart phone” operating systems. These are just two more phones whose PIMs aren’t even as smart as the Palm OS of 10 years ago. . .

• alex68 says:

El Marko :

E7 is designed for business and it will be damn good in the business use. Nokia will make its best effort to make it! It is still under a lot of work and tweaks. When it is release, you can make your valid judgements and comments.

• alex68 says:

E7 supports MS Outlook synchronization of contacts, calendar and notes.

No agenda to support google Calendar, I suppose.

22. Shaggy says:

It does have a front camera and you can do video call over 3g as you would expect from nokia… The only down side to this magical system is the lack of expandable memory… 8mp is good enough.. The E7 for so many reasons is the better choice….