Video: MeeGo handset on TI OMAP 4

| September 29, 2010 | Reply

Here’s a video of MeeGo handset UI on TI OMAP 4 development system.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S20k1mvL8d0]

Would describe more but am so tired – going to bed.

Cheers to Jim for the Heads up at mynokiablog.com/tips!

OMAP™ 4 Key Benefits

• Designed to drive smart phones and Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs)
  • IVA 3 hardware accelerators enable full HD 1080p, multi-standard video encode/decode
  • Faster, higher-quality image and video capture with digital SLR-like imaging up to 20 megapixels
  • Dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
  • Integrated POWERVR™ SGX540 graphics accelerator drives 3D gaming and 3D user interfaces
  • Highly optimized mobile applications platform
  • OMAP4430 operates at up to 1 GHz
  • OMAP4440 operates at 1+ GHz

Tags: , , , ,

Category: MeeGo, Nokia, Video

1. Keith says:

Thats awesome! It would be really cool if the N9 can do 1080p video and have a dual-core 1-1.2 GHz processor. Although I highly doubt that will happen….

2. Keith says:

• Roger Johnson says:

> dual-core 1-1.2 GHz processor

Why? It wouldn’t need it. You’re just chasing specs blindly for the sake of it. Android would need such specs to even behave acceptably. MeeGo won’t because it doesn’t have Android’s horrible architectural inefficiencies.

Also, how exactly do you plan to have a processor like that, plus decent battery life, plus a slim device? One of those has to give way. Unless you plan to break the laws of physics :)

3. Nocare says:

MEego 1.1 is scheduled to release on october, hope nokia announce n9 in november

• Jim says:

I think that’s the release for manufactures not for customers. I don’t think we’ll see any meego device until Q1 2011 probably Q2 2011

• Roger Johnson says:

Possibly. But they’ll announce in advance I’m sure. I’d be VERY surprised if we don’t see an announcement before the Christmas season.

4. Nocare says:

5. Roger Johnson says:

Based on that demo vid, I’d WAY rather have Symbian. Sorry, but there it is.

6. Dennis says:

If Nokia follows form, wait 6 to 7 months from announcement to release on the N9.

7. Cocco Bill says:

Why don’t they get rid of those horrible navigation icons at the bottom? They look like shit and don’t suit with each other visually. Even I could design less shitty looking icons.

Every time I see them, the whole MeeGo experience is ruined for me. They are just ugly. Plain ugly. I guess some coder with wooden eyes has designed them and thinks they look cool.

Nokia has to design new icons for their MeeGo devices. Under no circumstances can Nokia use those.