Michael Oryl, my old boss back in the days of MobileBurn foruming has taken the main seat in reviewing the Nokia N8 (and rightfully so – as it’s often someone else now doing the Nokia reviews)
- Michael seems to be unaware of the UBS-to go function, thinking the adapter was for a keyboard.
- Anodized metal, everything feels really nice on this
- doors for microSD and SIM – it’s kinda difficult to get in there without hurting yourself
- No microSD yet as the device has so much internal storage
- Really good looking package
- HDMI port cover – not a fantastic design but everything else is really quite exceptional
- Homescreen – I find the swiping doesn’t work that well, the lag behind it makes it feel off (unfortunately, the folks at Symbian designed it that way. God knows why – something to do with preventing mispress, I dunno -_-)
- AMOLED display – really nice saturated colours, deep blacks and looks pretty cool.
- A little slow to switch between portrait and landscape but not a real problem (NOT at all helped by LACK of transition to mask the lag. Good going there. Note, it is faster as pretty much everywhere else except the homescreen)
- Swiping within the widgets themselves – cool flexibility, though does sometimes make panel switching difficult – you have to swipe around that widget.
This review seems to be more like a first impressions as Michael doesn’t seem to have used it that long (which is interesting in one sense as you can see how easily Michael is navigating S^3)
Apparently this is a 3 part review but I can only see 2 videos and a sample N8 HD.
Video Sample by the N8