Video: Split Screen Nokia N8 versus iPhone 4 video (and audio) test

| October 7, 2010 | Reply

Here’s a video comparison of the Nokia N8 and the iPhone 4 split screen style by BesteProduct.

Is that really the N8? I didn’t realise it was that good in comparison to iPhone 4.

What’s with that murkiness on the iPhone 4 – it seems rather washed out in this test.

Interestingly they also switch audio in between the iPhone 4 and the Nokia N8.

Compared to Nokia N8, iPhone 4 audio recording is absolutely PANTS. But pretty much all others are pants compared to Nokia N8′s audio (which is unlike others in real stereo)

Hit 720p and get your speaker system (or headphones going).

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5uaYAg5TMc]

via BesteProduct.

Oh, whilst you’re here, check out this N8 shot video again by topolino70. Absolutely beautiful. If you pause at any moment, it’s as if they’re photographs.(close up shots done by magnifying glass though hacks have been done by hyperX to achieve continuous autofocus during video recording)

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15gmyFu3Vns]

Holy Crap, awesome work @PhoneDaz and team :D. Let’s all just ignore the crazy rants that “N8 cam is mediocre or just above average quality – not something others should strive for” or words to that effect. Time and time again users around the world are proving the effort of Damien Dinning and team has been totally worth it.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Nokia, Nseries, Video

1. IMarius says:

I see the iphone in video mode keeps ups its great tradition of over saturation the crap out of everything like it does in picture mode.

Seriously you got lights in your room ? better turn them off cause the iphone is about to make it look like sun is going to exploded in your eyes.

2. Roger Johnson says:

Wow, that is shockingly bad for the iPhone. I have to say though – I’m all for correcting unfairness against the N8 (of which there is a fair amount around) but are iPhone 4′s normally really that bad!?

As for the 2nd video, amazing. I hope we can all see that those sites and people that have said the N8 does not have the best camera are really out to get Nokia.

If you want to recreate the close-up shots and blurred background, the guy used a “Maped 75mm magnifying glass” which if you Google you will find a couple of places that sell them (at least in the UK) and just attached it over the N8 lens with rubber bands.

3. itanium says:

Well… The iPhone might be faster here or there, might have an unnecessary sharp screen but this is a hands down: no other phone (or most cheap p&s) can match the N8 camera. Weeehooo!

4. ruhtinas says:

This is excellent sample of audio quality on N8. And by the way pretty good video in the dark bar with colorful lights… Much better audio than any of P&S I’ve had.
    This is from some small bar in Finland.

5. George says:

The N8 looks really nice. This shows the experience of Nokia and their ability to meter properly. The iPhone images look ok in the in the brief moments where it is metering properly but it clearly has a hard time, as it jumps back and forth.

The internal mic on the Nokia is very sensitive and crisp, but a little too hot for my taste, but still very nice regardless.

6. Nocare says:

How loud and clear Is n8 loudspeaker?

7. Stylinred says:

after watching it i think that’s why the Phonedog guys didn’t upload their Iphone4 video out from their comparison test between the N8 HD2 and IP4

• Keith says:

Haha, yeah. Most likely! I bet Aaron would have been looking all red in iPhone’s video and everything must be like washed out!

Btw, it was N8 vs. HTC G2 (not HD2) vs. iPhone 4 :)

8. carstun.com says: