“My Dream Nokia” #4 is the Nokia E10 from Keith Francis. As Keith points out:
Haha, I know TONS of these things are simply impossible for now. But hey, it’s just my ‘dream’ phone, eh? I think I’d go crazy if this phone ever became real!
The design on the right is the Nokia “U” design by community phone (I would not be surprised if MeeGo phone is released like this) but with dual LED in addition to xenon (“U” supposed to have dual LED but not so obvious from design). I think what Keith is more concerned about is the keyboard layout.
- MeeGo 1.4 – 2nd gen MeeGo UI. Extremely optimized for Heavy-duty users to have a longer battery life.
- Out-of-the-Box WiFi-Tethering support
- Qt browser with Full flash support which is upgradeable.
- All the internals are future-proof (meaning – you can upgrade the internals -RAM, processor, GPU, etc- in future)
- Dual Core 1.2 GHz Intel Moorestown Processor
- 1GB physical RAM plus another 1GB virtual RAM
- 80GB Internal memory + 2 micro SD card slots that support up to 32 GB.
- Physical Keyboard – Just the way it is laid-out in the picture
- Spaced keys like on the leaked N9
- One key on the front to function as the home key
- Physical 2-stage camera shutter button
- 5MP Front facing camera
- 14MP Main Camera with Xenon flash and dual LED flash and 3x optical zoom + 3x intelligent digital zoom. 6x zoom total.
- Automatic lens cover – Like on a digital camera
- Available in Anodized aluminium and a scratch-proof stainless steel body. WITH removable battery
- 2250 mAh battery with kinetic charge (Nokia concept – they battery would charge with the movement of the phone)
- Super-AMOLED CBD 4.2″ Capacitive Display with 1280X720 Resolution.
- Gorilla Glass 2 (2x stronger and scratch-proof than normal GG) – smudge proof, fingerprint proof.
- Dustproof, Waterproof body – resistant up to 30 min in water, 10 meters deep
- Stereo speakers at the top
- Full size Wireless HDMI Port with Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Sound
- A FULL size female USB port to plug in USB devices directly to the phone without needing a separate cable
- Slider-mechanism to cover HDMI and USB ports (like on Samsung Galaxy S series phones)
- High speed – up to 100Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 with a range of 50 Meters.
- WiFi N
- LTE and 4G support
- 124x68x13.5mm dimension
- Optional accessory to make coffee with the phone! (Hey, the pomegranate concept phone has the ability to do it! Why not? Businessmen often get tired and need some coffee in their breaks!)
This is Keith’s dream Nokia. I actually would not want to go past 12MP, but then again I said I’d be happy with just 5 or 8. Usable 12MP is great.
Dustproofing is a good thought and not something that should be over looked. It’s annoying when certain phones are prone to having dust getting trapped in odd nooks and crannies which are impossible to wipe clean.
About “My Dream Nokia”
I’m sure you’ve dreamt up your PERFECT Nokia phone. What it would look like, what it would feel like, what features it would have. Why don’t you share it with the world? Or at least with other Nokia fans .
It could be your own photoshopped or rendered work (seriously, you don’t need mega skills in either, basic paint job is often enough to convey a concept) of your dream product.
SEND this in similarly to email@example.com with the title “My Dream Nokia” and perhaps the model number (and a little description, maybe a few specs in the message area? Though this bit not necessary).
Who knows, maybe an image might flutter over to Nokia and through whatever route end up being real.
Check out http://mynokiablog.com/my-dream-nokia/