Here’s a Nokia N8 review from a non-techie possibly unknown to you and me. Previously a N95 user, he’s moved up to the Nokia N8 and is very happy with it.
Surprisingly, the only point he seems to have qualms with is the Nokia N8′s camera. The BEST camera on a phone on the market to date. No question. I suspect he’s getting smudges on the camera (that he didn’t get with N95′s lens cover) which easily makes pictures look bad due to obstructing greasy fingerprints. That’s kind of good news since he likes pretty much everything else about the N8.
- Finding the phone very easy to use
- Quite happy with the apps – has download lots that he likes/needs
- Two input method typing (btw, majority of my mates prefer to type on the T9 and have said they did not portrait QWERTY. well the option would be nice)
- Enjoying the touch screen (“screen incredibly good”), he didn’t want one but finds this very responsive more so than his wife’s N97
- Tough Metal body, rock solid metal casing
- He really, really likes playing with it – which he says is really nice for a phone.
- No crashes, no download problems (in space of a week and a half)
- Speakers – he would have preferred two on either side (like his N95)
Nice, alternative review based on the phone’s own merits as opposed to not having an Apple or Android badge.
I hope this is how most Nokia N8 customers will find the N8 (bar the camera bit of course :p)