If you’re a Symbian^3 user and you go to Ovi Store for Skype, you’ll notice it says it’s not available for your phone. The folks at Skype have released an update to their Symbian app which means the newer Symbian^3 phones (N8, C7, C6-01) and E5 are now supported.
It includes SILK, our high quality audio codec, which should help make sure your calls are crystal clear, even when you’re on a low-bandwidth connection.
Skype lets you:
- make free Skype-to-Skype calls and IM on 3G or WiFi *
- save money on calls and texts to phones abroad
- share pictures, videos and other files from your phone
The update also contains a number of interface improvements, making it easier to add contacts, navigate, add a photo to your profile and set your mood message. Additionally, we’ve updated the interface to better fit larger screens.
Download Skype from skype.com/m
via Skype via @MickyFin
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Official Skype App for Symbian^3 available! Nokia N8, C7, C6-01, E7 | Official Skype App for Symbian^3 available! Nokia N8, C7, C6-01, E7 nokia | Official Skype App for Symbian^3 available! Nokia N8, C7, C6-01, E7 > | Nokia Model Phones > Nokia Phon | December 8, 2010
- Video: Skype demo on the Nokia N8 | My Nokia Blog | December 12, 2010