TrueCaller is a highly useful caller ID application that’s available on Windows Mobile, Android and iPhone. S60 users have been enjoying for this app for quite a while and now you can get it for Symbian^3 handsets. What is TrueCaller?
TrueCaller is the most used Caller ID application on the market with social media integrations and intelligent call blocking functionality against spam calls.
There are a whole host of innovative features including:
- Caller ID and Caller ID+: Get the name, number and location of your incoming caller
- Social Caller ID: << nice. Sometimes people inform of status whereabouts/current moods so you know if they’re available to talk and how to approach them. “e.g. chasing after the dog” might mean they’re out – (or many other better examples)
- Update Phonebook: Updates your phonebook details that may not be filled in, e.g. address
- Call Filter: Block Spam callers
- Tweet Caller
- SMS Pop Up
- Number Search
- Maps and Directions
More on these features below. There’s also supposedly a “Mysterious Feature” that will be unveiled in January 2011 which coincides with the 50+ improvements coming to Symbian.
TrueCaller shows you who the caller is instantly on incoming calls if the number is not stored in your phonebook.
Even if you receive a call from abroad we can still identify who the caller is if the number is publicaly available.
If the number is not publicaly available we can still display which city the number belongs to or which country it belongs to.
Caller ID Plus:
CallerID+ is a crowd-sourced caller ID functionality. By sharing your address book information with other CallerID+ enabled users we can now support the CallerID functionality for all countries in the world! It´s only possible to make a lookup on incoming calls and requires you to opt-in share.
The Caller ID functionality is available for Android Phones, Symbian Phones (Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson…) and Windows Mobile phones. Blackberry will be supported later this year.
Social Caller ID:
TrueCaller shows you your Facebook and LinkedIn friends latest status message and profile picture when they call you (or you call them)
Update Phonebook updates your phonebook with missing information such as street, city, zipcode and country where data can be found.
With one single click TrueCaller will go thru all your contacts where the address information is missing and add it. Nothing will ever be deleted, only added.
Say good bye to annoying sales companies or expensive collect calls!
Call Filter protects you from fraud, spam and unwanted calls with several unique features. If any of the fraud, spam or unwanted numbers we have listed so far will call you, a Blocked by TrueCaller notification will appear on your screen to warn you. You can then choose to answer or reject the call.
On Symbian and Windows Mobile devices you can even block the calls automatically by adding them to your spam list and enable call blocker.
The spam numbers consists of:
- Well-known fraud and spam numbers added by the TrueCaller team.
- Numbers that have been marked as unwanted by several other TrueCaller users.
Tweet Caller: << a bit extreme.
Connect your Twitter-account to TrueCaller to automatically update your Twitter when you are on the phone to keep your friends updated.
E.g. “Hi friends, I´m on the phone with Sara”
TrueCaller displays a preview of the incoming text message. If the sender´s number is not stored in your phonebook, TrueCaller will try to detect it and display the name of the sender.
The SMS Popup functionality is available for Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile and is enabled by default in TrueCaller.
Search among 200 million numbers in more than 25 countries around the world. With TrueCaller you can easily make a name or number search by simply entering the phone number and pressing search.
Maps and directions
TrueCaller has an integrated map functionality which allows you to display the address of the caller on a map. With one single click in the history or in the TrueCaller call dialog you can get a map overview.
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- TrueCaller, Available for Symbian^3 | December 16, 2010
- Cross Platform App, TrueCaller, Available for Symbian^3 | Cross Platform App, TrueCaller, Available for Symbian^3 nokia | Cross Platform App, TrueCaller, Available for Symbian^3 > | Nokia Model Phones > Nokia Phone Models > Nokia Mobile Model | December 16, 2010
- Mysterious Feature for TrueCaller announced: Picture Caller ID : My Nokia Blog | February 28, 2011