E7 spotted in retail housing – unboxed for our viewing pleasure.

| January 23, 2011 | 23 Replies

Hot on the heels of Friday’s rumors of the E7 being delayed until Q2, twitter has just brought us an unboxing of the “delayed” E7. A quick run through of the contents of the box and a couple seconds of us being shown the boot screen and the start of the set-up wizard which runs on the first boot of the device. Hopefully this is a sign that the E7 is very much on it’s way and not delayed as has been rumoured.

Also included is a comparison with the last great communicator, the E90.

Not much in the way of detailed content but refreshing to see nonetheless. Note the landscape dialer at 00:25

Enjoy.

Via Youtube

Tags: ,

Category: Eseries, Nokia, Symbian, Symbian^3

So you've read something I've written. yay!! As you already know, my name is Andre and I'm currently a student based in Atlanta. Much like Jay, I pretty much blog here in my free time. Follow me on twitter @andre1989 or contact me directly at Andre(at)mynokiablog(dot)com. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Sites That Link to this Post

1. PR 1.1 firmware for N8 spotted in the wild? : My Nokia Blog | January 26, 2011
  1. Arts. says:

in the comments section of the video, the uploader said he got it from forum.nokia.com. Is this like some kind of developer thing?

Hope somebody can confirm.

• ICEman says:

yup, FN sends it to it’s “champions” as a free device for testing their software. They can choose what device to get

2. nocare says:

e7 is a failure, screwed up by nokia

3. N8 Fanboy says:

AWESOME!!!!!

4. alex68 says:

E7 has a set of features from Symbian that N9 as a Meego phone won\t have. But of course N9/Meego also has very unique features that E7 doesn’t have either nor do competitors from rivalry phone vendors…

E7 and N9 are not direct competitors, in my opinion. But NOKIA should really hurry up to release E7 to markets soon.

5. S.Manimaraa says:

It is nice ,tempting to get one E7 soon !.

6. Mark says:

Interesting. If they’re releasing boxes it suggests that the hardware is fine and it’s a software (i.e. PR2.0) issue.

As an aside, isn’t it strange how the majority of the anti Nokia FUD seems to be released just prior to the quarterly results?

7. Average Joe says:

I think a great feature for a business-oriented phone would be the ability to open and (basically) edit Office documents out-of-the-box.

IIRC Nokia is sponsoring the KOffice/Calligra guys to develop a mobile version of their promising office suite, which is already Qt-based, but not yet production-ready.

I think out-of-the-box experience is important, especially in the “business” segment, where I suppose people have high expectations but are not tech-savvy, and would really appreciate a phone that lets them work straight away without installing dozens of “apps” to get basic functionality.

8. J.Gray says:

That’s the SEA version!

9. IMarius says:

on the 2nd video with the e90, man the colours on the E7 screen , look even better then i remember clear back is something else which my n8 had clear back, oh well better have it on the N9