In an effort to lure the present Qt devs (quite a number now, i’d say) into the Windows Phone dev environment, microsoft has added support in their API mapping tool for Symbian Qt, which the devs can use to create ports in a fast and easy manner.
If you want to check it out, here’s the direct link for the API mapping tool.
Not only that, thanks to the deep relationship between Nokia and Microsoft (duh! 😛 ) , they have several other help documents and books that help in guiding the Qt devs to the new Windows Phone environment. Check out :
- The “Windows Phone Guide for Symbian Qt Application Developers” white paper
Apart from that, they are conducting roadshows as a part of the ongoing training programs :
- The “Nokia Windows Phone Training” roadshow, a series of developer events starting today in Paris
The “Windows Phone Guide for Symbian Qt Application Developers” white paper is about 100 pages organized in 8 chapters.Advertisements
- Chapter 1: Introducing Windows Phone Platform
to Symbian^3 Qt Application Developers
- Chapter 2: Windows Phone Application Design Guidelines
- Chapter 3: Windows Phone Developer and Designer Tools
- Chapter 4: C# programming
- Chapter 5: Introducing Windows Phone Application Life Cycle
- Chapter 6: Porting Applications to Windows Phone
- Chapter 7: Windows Phone Example Applications
- Chapter 8: Using the API Mapping Tool
Example of porting using API mapping tool :
For more details on the documentation and porting check out the source link.
Cheers mprince for the tip !