Symbian Anna officially available in USA (N8/E7/C6-01)

| October 24, 2011 | 116 Replies

Larry emailed us this morning to share the news that Anna was available in the US (Finally, yay!). That’s a photo he sent us above.

I wasn’t sure if that was official (or a non US N8 getting update ‘early’).

Yvonne from Nokia (who has been updating us on the Anna availabilities) has just emailed to confirm this is the case:

We are very pleased to announce that Symbian Anna (025.007) is now available in the US for all Nokia C6-01, Nokia E7 and Nokia N8 US models!

Please find a full list of US product codes below, that can now download Symbian Anna. (To check your product code, just type *#0000# on your phone.)

Generic North America Vanilla variants

C6-01     059C3W3 / 059C3W4 / 059C3P6 / 059C3P9

E7           059C996 / 059C997 / 059C998 / 059C999 / 059C9B0

N8          059G196 / 0599218 / 0599222 / 0599226 / 0599230 / 0599236

US Customized variants:

E7           059F6L7 / 059F6L8

N8          059D111 / 059C8T6 / 059D110 / 059D112 / 059G700 / 059D0V2

The update includes for example the following new features:

•  Fresher, renewed look with new icons and wallpapers, and split screen view for Messaging, Mail, Browser, Phonebook, Calendar, and Maps

• Improved full QWERTY virtual keypad with split screen view and faster access to special characters

• New, faster and easier-to-use browser, with new search features, and most used features available with one tap

• New Maps version, with improved search, a public transport network view, and a new Check-in feature for sharing info about places through social networking services

• Improved calendar, enabling you to create and accept meeting invitations through

• Mail Microsoft Communicator Mobile available

• Improved information and communication security

• New versions of Ovi Store and QuickOffice

• Performance and usability improvements

If you have any questions or run into any issues, please be sure to check our online FAQs for Symbian Anna: www.nokiausa.com/us-en/support/faq/?qt=anna&action=faqSearch

Cheers Larry and Yvonne for the heads up!

Category: Firmware Update

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Symbian Anna finally hits US shores « The Mobile Fanatics | October 24, 2011
  2. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US - test01 | October 24, 2011
  3. Best Clubs in Miami | #1 Club in Miami » Blog Archive » Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | October 24, 2011
  4. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US « android-alert | October 24, 2011
  5. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | tekifeed.com – Gadget Feeds, Gadget News and more! | October 24, 2011
  6. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | Electronics Fashion Studeo | October 24, 2011
  7. Hannah Saber » Blog Archive » Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | October 24, 2011
  8. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | Blog08 | October 25, 2011
  9. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US « waweru.net | October 25, 2011
  10. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | Digital Brain ; Science and Technology News | October 25, 2011
  11. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | NuzaRazzi | October 25, 2011
  12. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US at Michael Kupfer | October 25, 2011
  13. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | nascarracing | October 25, 2011
  14. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | ginadubella | October 25, 2011
  15. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | October 25, 2011
  16. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | Cyber-tech Support Electronics | October 25, 2011
  17. Trojan Funds Investment Advisors » Blog Archive » Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | October 25, 2011
  18. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | NewsInformed.com | October 25, 2011
  19. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | aboutapple | October 25, 2011
  20. Symbian Anna update rolls out to compatible Nokia smartphones in the US | gene1782s WordPress | October 25, 2011
  21. Symbian Anna officially available in USA (N8/E7/C6-01) | Svolze | December 10, 2011
  22. Nokia N8 Symbian Anna Update Arrives in the US - Gadget Venue | February 18, 2013
  1. chfyfx says:

did not go well at all.. have to flash it

2. k. says:

I finally downloaded it fine but. first when i tried to download the part one and two on OTA i finished but didn’t look like it did anything so i hooked my phone up to my PC and downloaded that Pr 025 when that was finished then i saw saying installing Anna pack 1/2 and then installing Anna 2/2. and restarted it and everything seemed good.
    now one weird thing is when it refreshes my music library it finds the music files but it won’t add them.. i tried a few times and no luck. so decided to give it a full reset and install everything again see what happens :P

3. Jared Morgan says:

And Australia continues to languish in the land of the forgotten FW.

4. Viper says:

Still waiting for my performance updates for my N97. Its only over 2 years old and there seems to be no updates at all anymore….seriously for $700 I expect 5 years at the least. How hard would it be to write an update to rewrite all the base installed apps from C drive to E drive and free up space, then manage memory better and store cache and everything by default on E drive by default. Most problems solved and C drive can breath. Done in less than a minute, over 2 years and such an update has still not come around for N97 even though programmers have written unofficial mods that do this very same thing. But I’d rather go the official route and support given the money spent.

• k. says:

i feel your pain, my N97 is sitting on a corner collecting dust. Nokia screwed that one up big time. There was a newer update for 97 mini if i’m not mistaken but 97 wasn’t included. I think nokia just decided to forget N97 ever happened.

• Viper says:

Not sure how they can just forget about it.
        Not sure how they can screw up a device so bad either, especially for a company of that size. Don’t they have testers? Like in the game industry that is gonna be marketed all over, there is always some sort of beta and whatnot where testers and gamers help test out the game and fix any kinks in there. Couldn’t someone use the phone for at least one day and realize this?

• swiss says:

no they are releasing update also for nokia 5800 and also for nokia n97 just search the web with nokia 5800 fw update v60.0.002

5. Kevin says:

installed the v25 update fine and 3 out of the 4 updates in SW update, Anna update 1 of 2 failed to install. Any one else have the problem and know of a fix. Any help would be great

• Bosh says:

Search for “anna 1/2 fail” in Google. There are a lot of success stories, but in my case the only thing that worked (after hours and hours of trying) was:
      – Backup with ovi suite
      – Hard reset
      – Install all the updates
      – Restore the backup

6. Hassan says:

I have a nokia astound (tmbile) how come my phone is not included, the astound does have the anna software but not all the features. its missing NFC , example.

7. Yemi says:

Success!!!
    I backed up phone. Did a delete and restore, then updated OTA. Now it seems everything is up to par. My best guess of what is causing the conflict is either the updated nokia store or nokia sleeping screen. Funny enough, I got the store update two weeks ago.
    Thanks everyone including Yvonne.

8. MKnowles says:

Well I finally got my 1/2 error solved… just manually installed all the apps that were in the pack and blammo!

Seriously, I love Anna so far. Everything is so smooth and the new homescreen transitions are wonderful

9. Punching Bag says:

Thank you! …and finally…

Would it have killed anyone at Nokia to say:

“We are very SORRY for the delay” ?

10. Ali says:

I don’t care I have Symbian belle.

11. genXhippie says:

Well,it’s about time Nokia, simply inexcusable imo.

12. John says:

and Australia when?

13. SteveC says:

Just in case you haven’t tried for a bit 1/2 update should work now. Like others I had issues with 1/2, just kept trying, as it had down loaded, sw update on the phone went straight to install, today 27 Oct, 1600hrs pacific, I tried again and the phone started to down load, then went to install, no error, update successful, seems a new version is available to fix the issues.

14. SamW says:

I have product code 059D0V2 (it’s on the list) but don’t see an update for Anna either OTA or through Nokia Suite 3.2.100. Am I reading the announcement right and my phone SHOULD be seeing the update??

15. John says:

I have an N8 with product code 059DOV2 no update available. I think we have been screwed again by Nokia.

16. George says:

N8 (USA) product code 059D111 but no update available through Nokia Suite 3.2.100 and no updates available via “options” –>”Check for updates” after calling *#0000#

• George says:

received and installed Symbian Anna on N8(NAM) at
      7:05 EST 1/09/2012
      Custom version 025.008.269.05
      Custom version date 2011-12-07

17. Dustin says:

ok i have a blue n8 nam version. My product code is 059d111. Why cant i upgrade to Anna yet? Any ideas?

18. SimpleSure says:

I have the 059C8T6 – Nokia N8 and still not have the anna Update. Very sad indeed :(