Larry emailed us this morning to share the news that Anna was available in the US (Finally, yay!). That’s a photo he sent us above.
I wasn’t sure if that was official (or a non US N8 getting update ‘early’).
Yvonne from Nokia (who has been updating us on the Anna availabilities) has just emailed to confirm this is the case:
We are very pleased to announce that Symbian Anna (025.007) is now available in the US for all Nokia C6-01, Nokia E7 and Nokia N8 US models!
Please find a full list of US product codes below, that can now download Symbian Anna. (To check your product code, just type *#0000# on your phone.)
Generic North America Vanilla variants
C6-01 059C3W3 / 059C3W4 / 059C3P6 / 059C3P9
E7 059C996 / 059C997 / 059C998 / 059C999 / 059C9B0
N8 059G196 / 0599218 / 0599222 / 0599226 / 0599230 / 0599236Advertisements
US Customized variants:
E7 059F6L7 / 059F6L8
N8 059D111 / 059C8T6 / 059D110 / 059D112 / 059G700 / 059D0V2
The update includes for example the following new features:
• Fresher, renewed look with new icons and wallpapers, and split screen view for Messaging, Mail, Browser, Phonebook, Calendar, and Maps
• Improved full QWERTY virtual keypad with split screen view and faster access to special characters
• New, faster and easier-to-use browser, with new search features, and most used features available with one tap
• New Maps version, with improved search, a public transport network view, and a new Check-in feature for sharing info about places through social networking services
• Improved calendar, enabling you to create and accept meeting invitations through
• Mail Microsoft Communicator Mobile available
• Improved information and communication security
• New versions of Ovi Store and QuickOffice
• Performance and usability improvements
If you have any questions or run into any issues, please be sure to check our online FAQs for Symbian Anna: www.nokiausa.com/us-en/
Cheers Larry and Yvonne for the heads up!
Category: Firmware Update