Nokia Nostalgia (top news front page Reddit)

| December 27, 2011 | 21 Replies

This image is currently the top story on Reddit. Ah, good old days, haha. (btw, if you’re not familiar with Reddit, just take note that it’s huge. It’s where videos/pictures go viral but more so).

It’s great that out of everything, Nokia will always be remembered for build quality. Phones that are not the super rugged for purpose, but are just intrinsically well built because that’s what Nokia does.

The comments are funny too.

When all else fails, there’s a trusty Nokia. Let’s hope Nokia can come back and build a new positive reputation again, to be associated with modern and reliability again instead of stuff like this:

Nostalgia in general. haha.

Tags:

Category: Nokia

1. Aliqudsi says:

Ahhhh the good old days.

2. Michael Faro-Tusino says:

I like the last comment:

“Mini computers with phone functionality”

So true. Many manufacturers forget that the phone must be a phone foremost. Stop making crappy ringing speakers and poor call quality and signal, because you wanted to “innovate” with the 7001 feature

• Jay Montano says:

I read somewhere before (forgot where) but they said that SMS/Phone calls were dead. All messaging could be done through internet so all they needed was WiFi. lol.

I hate it when I’m at a place with no WiFi and have to rely on phone signal for internet. Especially when I had to use an Omnia which meant places where I had signal before, I didn’t :(. It was the first thing I enjoyed when I went back to a Nokia. There were no more “good signal areas’ of the house. It was all good.

The only unfortunate thing is that I’m with T-Mobile which means I already disadvantage the phone I’m using.

• j says:

well that was the reason why i bought last year the c7 instead of the n8. it was just because of the two additional buttons.

and my opinion is now. buttonless like the n9 or two call buttons like with my c7.

3. Punching Bag says:

Remember when they tried to make phones smaller? Now they’re all fighting to make them bigger

I want smaller

• Jay Montano says:

we’re going back to thinner and lighter :) Just that folks are getting more accepting of obscenely large screens that no longer fit in your pockets.

Perhaps until we get flexible screens or projection displays the trend might be to continue up to the 5″+ note levels :(

• lordstar says:

oh yeah, now it’s the screen. The perfect size for me now is the 3.5 inch screen phones. My dad has a samsung galaxy s 2, and it’s huge.

• tholj says:

lol that would be fun to know what is the smallest phone ever made. Btw my mum has just upgrade from her nokia 3210! I hope i can get it from her. I remember it was one of the first phone wih internal antenna which was a great feature back in those days! It came with the famous snake game!

4. rock says:

Old Nokias > Everything.

5. Sun Down says:

I can’t remember that Nokia on that pic… But I’ve used it and hell it’s a tank. My N70 still works and my dad uses it now. I moved on to the Nokia XM5730… Glass broke but it still works and the keyboard is a bit off. My C6-00… Haha… Must’ve been the 30th times this month… I hope the Lumia 710 still maintains Nokia’s reputation.

6. Deep Space Bar says:

i still am gonna pick 603 it feels more like the classic design and there are hardly and 1700/2100 old models since i’m on windmobile in canada

7. Punching Bag says:

Guys, it just hit me.

I think most of us are here because we’re living in the past!

Fond memories nonetheless

8. rustyknight17 says:

Enjoyed the article Jay , but I have to say I’m the odd man out here lol. The N8 is my first and so far , only Nokia , but I’m very impressed with the build quality !! :))) I’ve dropped it several times with no ill effects ! Just wish the Belle update would get here …