#N9Hacks: Unlock Homescreen Orientation (App)

| January 2, 2012 | 9 Replies

Like most community developed hack apps, they can be done using Terminal. Apps just make it easier for those not comfortable with modifying system files.

App developer Vesuri has made and app known as “Home Screen Settings”, which simply adds to the settings menu. Once installed, navigate to Settings>Applications>Home Screen.

Not only can you unlock the orientation, you can also lock it. This is extremely helpful for those who find it hard to use their phone in bed.

Michael

Source: Nokia Store

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Category: Applications, How to:, MeeGo, N9 Hacks, N9Apps, Nokia, Nseries

Hi! My name is Michael. Like the others, I'm also a Student, living here in Sydney. I have a real passion for the latest technology and I'm a real Nokia buff! My aim is to keep those of you, like myself, updated with the latest in what's going on in the Nokia World. Currently sporting N9 & Lumia 820, with other Nokia devices in my posession. Get in touch on Twitter via @MFaroTusino, Google Plus or even simply drop me an email at mike.mnb[at]outlook.com or tips[at]mynokiablog.com

1. DM says:

Meego and its endless possibilities, glad i bought an N9. Thought many features missing but day after day all features are hacked or coming in one form or other.

Giving the free of what you want to do with your OS, unlike IOS and even OpenOS Android.

2. lv says:

Unfortunately the P.R 1.1 release for my N9 is still not available…

• incognito says:

What’s your product code (it’s written on the bottom of the micro-SIM card holder)?

Try using the NSU – plenty of people didn’t get a notification on their devices for OTA update, but the NSU updated their devices just fine.

Of course, if you need it that badly, you can always flash your N9 with the latest firmware (for your product code, it’s available for most).

3. ttt says:

can this app be uninstalled?

as of 1st january 2012, apps for n9 have reached 1000, maybe mynokiablog can list down top 30 must have apps for n9 users now like allaboutsymbian do with symbian 3.

4. SKUZZY says:

NOKIA SOUTH AFRICA said the will be releasing a different pr1.x version for the N9

5. MyNokiaLife says:

I’ve had my n9 for 3 months now and have not had 1 crash,lockup or any problems at anytime. Great reception and sound through the speakers and I love the camera and video quality. Even with only 1000 apps in the store I’ve got everything I need. I must say whoever programs the jazz and classical section of Nokias music stores radio service does the best job Ive ever heard. Nokia’s free radio is priceless. I wish I could get Nokia radio mix in the U.S.

Jay, why can’t we get Nokia radio mix in the U.S.?

6. Superb post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject?
    I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
    Many thanks!