Just in case Symbian, MeeGo, WP, and S40 wasn’t enough back in November Nokia apparently bought a company called Smarterphone.
Stefan of intomobile reckons it ties in with project Meltemi, the low end possibly Linux based OS by Nokia that may replace S40 when Nokia complete the whole Qt for Next Billion with Swipe thing.
Smarterphone is unique in offering a truly complete solution for mobile phone software. Smarterphone not only offers the complete software, we also handle any desired customization. We take the software through all project phases, up to and including FTA and operator homologation, and in this manner we can offer the shortest time-to-market, lowest risk and lowest total cost.
Smarterphone 3.0 is an all-encompassing mobile operating system for wireless handsets, allowing OEMs and ODMs to bring new, highly competitive devices to the market quickly and at low cost. Smarterphone 3.0 includes a state of the art application suite, connecting the top-layer applications with the underlying platform, targeting major carrier’s strictest requirements.
The company was previously called Kvaleberg, and the product Mimiria. We changed toSmarterphone simply because we want to signal that we offer a smarter solution. Compared to conventional smartphones, our solution offers unique possibilities fordifferentiation, much lower handset BOM and total cost, and a truly integrated user experience of the connected phone, combining all electronic communication needs in one device.
You can read more about it http://www.ferd.no/lang/en/show.do?page=12;22&articleid=2456
I hope that Nokia can continue strengthening both low and high end this year.
Cheers mrprince and Prasenjit for the tip!
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Nokia Buys Smarterphone, Probably To Muscle Up The Mysterious Meltemi OS For Low End Devices | Androsym | January 6, 2012
- Un nouvel OS pour Nokia? | Nokia Day | January 7, 2012
- 【Nokia】Nokiaが携帯電話OSの開発会社を買収 | GoGoSmartphoneBLOG | January 7, 2012
- Nokia N8 successor will upgrade Nokia N8 also | Gadgetgyaan | January 7, 2012
- NOKIA Akıllı Telefon Görünümlü Ucuz Cihazlar Pazarında Elini Kuvvetlendirmek İstiyor: Smarterphone Platformunu Satın Aldı | İki Tilki | January 9, 2012
- Nokia Quietly Acquires Developer Smartphone | Internet App developer | January 13, 2012