Nokia N9/Lumia 800 Clone at CES with Android

| January 11, 2012 | 23 Replies

We have seen a few China Clones of the Nokia N9. One in particular had Android Buttons and could mimic various OS styles. However the implementation of the hardware buttons looked dreadful. Whilst these Android buttons are still a bucket of yuck, they’re slightly better and overall the clone is a much better job as to make even the king of clone, Samsung, proud. JK.

This one though, the One-China Z500M, apparently and quite remarkably was found at CES! That’s almost as bold as Samsung’s Galaxy iPhone lines.

Yes it is another spamdroid.

Source: frandroid

Cheers Michael for the tip!

Category: Nokia

1. DrexarN9 says:

Nokia need to sue the manufacturer.

2. Keizka says:

If ever, now is the time to sue about design. Anyway, it’s a chinese company. Can’t win against ‘em in their courts.

3. Mushfiq says:

Wat the hell is nokia doing.? Is nokia dead. Jay reply me.

• Jay Montano says:

This isn’t from Nokia.

• Mushfiq says:

I know this is not from nokia. Gosh my point was, wat is nokia doing. Why cant it roar , sue these companies . Why cant it raise voice against there chinese clones who dared to enter ces and against sony as well. U can see their new designs.

4. agakina says:

You should add this one Jay:

Sony Erricson rippoff, colors and everything:

Also, Nokia, if you want to sue these idiots, I’m 100% behind that!

5. efion says:

Ok, this is it!
    Does Nokia doesn’t patented their ideas? Even if it’s just a form? like Apple did?

6. Noot says:

Don’t forget the Android part. Heh,heh. Go after Google. Send this one to Nokia’s legal team.

7. Abhay says:

I wish if this blog could use a different tone with this article….We should not support this type of cloning practice….Fraudulent manufacturers like these destroy the reputation of Nokia….

Another thing is mention here is that…Nokia already has trouble with many blogger for its decision to go with WP…with articles like these, it only worsens the situation….

Again its just my opinion…

• Jay Montano says:

What tone would you have preferred I have used? Any sentences you can suggest?

This is a phone, it looks like the N9/800 but it runs android, has android buttons etc. I thought it was a China clone until I read the bit that it was at CES.

How is this article worsening the situation of Nokia going to WP?

8. Real Phonee says:

so what you all are saying is that Nokia should waste valuable time and money suing some small company? hmmmm.
    Nokia clone $100
    Money spent suing company $1 000 000
    Money gained from suing a small company $0
    Look on Nokia shareholders face when they see how much money Nokia wasted $ Priceless

9. Real Phonee says:

Nokia clone $100
    Money spent suing company $1 000 000
    Money gained from suing a small company $0
    Look on Nokia shareholders face when they see how much money Nokia wasted
    $ Priceless

10. Ole says:

Any specs on the clone?:-)

11. jimmy larsson says:

i have this china mobile its great :)
    i love it :)