Do you remember Michael’s Telescope Mod for the N8? He mentioned you could pretty much put any type of lenses. This time he’s made a connector for the Canon EF style Lenses.
It’s just a proof of concept, his mount is made of cardboard, rubber bands and the screw cap of the lens is what’s used to attach it. At the end of the video, you can see some samples and they look pretty good. I’m liking that effect of manually focusing in and out during video to change between foreground and background subjects when you have a lens like a 50mm 1.8 or similar that have narrow depths of field. The N8 of course is designed to have a very wide depth of field (without being EDoF).
It won’t work to just have a canon lens on the N8 (like the stock photo we use for N8 successor stories).
Video by theycallthislife
More info at
About the Author (Author Profile)Hey, thanks for reading my post. My name is Jay and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester. When I can, I blog here at mynokiablog.com and tweet now and again @jaymontano. We also have a twitter and facebook accounts @mynokiablog and Facebook.com/mynokiablog. Check out the tips, guides and rules for commenting >>click<< Contact us at tips(@)mynokiablog.com or email me directly on jay[at]mynokiablog.com
Sites That Link to this Post
- Video: Nokia N8 camera mod with Canon EF Lens - SymbianTweet | January 22, 2012
- NOKIA N8 CAMERA MOD WITH CANON EF LENS - Video | iTech Engine | January 23, 2012
- Hardware Hack Brings Canon Interchangeable Lenses to Nokia N8 Smartphone | January 23, 2012
- Obiectiv Canon EF pentru Nokia N8 [video] | ComputerBlog.ro: stiri online | January 23, 2012
- Nokia N8′e Canon EF Lens Takıldı (Video) | İki Tilki | January 23, 2012
- Hardware Hack Brings Canon Interchangeable Lenses to Nokia N8 Smartphone | Sensor Magazine | January 23, 2012
- Hardware Hack Brings Canon Interchangeable Lenses to Nokia N8 Smartphone | My Blog | February 18, 2012